Thread: How to beat 4-1(MC)-3w-2

How to beat 4-1(MC)-3w-2

Today I lost the first Leg of my Cupgame without any chance 0:3.
    He was slightly stronger (0.3 points), and he wasn't watching. He used 4-1MC-3AML/AMC/AMR-2.
    I used 4-5-1V, defensive-down both flanks-mixed-on, low-normal-mtm-off.

At 60' I was down 2:0 and changed to 4-2(MC)-3AML/AMC/AMR-1, attacking-dbf-mixed-off, high-normal-zonal-off.
    Finally I lost 3:0, got only one Shot on his

This kind of result is so big sh*t. I was undefeated, just one draw (incl. FA games). And now... my team brings only one shot on the target? vs an offensive playstyle?

Do you have any idea, how to play the 2nd leg successfully? I think it's impossible to beat him 3:0 or higher, but I want to beat him, I want to do a good 2nd leg. ^^

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    your formation and orders were good.
    one thing you could do is to set long pass.
    I always use that if oppo doesn't have DMs but also checking assistant's comments (if long pass isn't working so I go to mix).

If you have the control (good b.p., more shoots) and a MC playing good, you could switch the second MC with an AMC.
    Set blue arrows to your 5 defenders.
    Set max victory bonus

PLAN B
    Try the "magical mystery" of 4-4-f2, everything normal/default and watch the game from your wife's account.
    Maybe till 35-40' min.
    Then decide what to do
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I thought, that my formation/orders couldn't be that wrong, because (like I said) I had 24 wins, just 1 Draw and 0 losses. The draw was also a game, which went good... was down 3:0 until 52', change some orders, two positions and made it 3:3, with bad luck at the end: 88' penalty missed. -.-

I also won a few times with this formation/tactic against 4-1-3-2.

If there was bad luck, or manager was there and changed something, I think, it would be okay... but 60 minutes without a single shot on target? 3:0 is way to high...

Hm... both suggestions are really interesting. I also thought about 4-4-2. Maybe I'll give this a try. ^^

Here the result:

I started with 4-4-2, down both flanks, all other on default. I joined to watch with the account of my wife.

After 18 min, my best player this season got an injury... From that freekick, we take the lead. At 38', he scored, so I joined the game on my own. Halftime it was 6 shots on target to me, 1 for him. At halftime his DCs were rated poor, so I changed to 4-3n-1-2, through the middle-mixed. At 52' we take back the lead. We had a few more chances, but didn't score. So finally we won only 2:1, BUT we had 13 shots on target, he only two. His keeper made NO save... so, I really annoyed by this result. Like big troll... a L7 Mananger isn't allowed to kick out a L11 Manager of the Cup.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I have write in my Mythbusters thread about playing with higher lv teams.
    It seems they have some "hidden" advantage.
    Usually I see that in efficiency (lower for me, higher for him) or some "bad" moments during the game (cards injuries).
    Anyway, good victory.
    With 3-0 in the first leg, you couldn't hope for much.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    With 3-0 in the first leg, you couldn't hope for much.
    After 3:0, I never thought, I will go on, but after the 2:1 victory, I'm a bit annoyed, because opponent was much weaker (on statistic) than me in comparison to the first leg.
    He made 4 goals with only 8 shots on target (and 4 saves of my keeper), my team needed 14 shots on target, to make 2 goals - his keeper only saved 1 (that one from the first leg). And the injury of my best player at 18'...