Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Rath

Thread: against 4-1-2-1-2 wide

How to beat 4-1-2-1-2 wide

hello, my opponent in the cup is using 4-1-2-1-2 wide against 4-1-2-1-2 wide-cup-opponent.jpg
    should i stay on this formation or change to 4-1-3-2? against 4-1-2-1-2 wide-mitt-lag.jpg
    which orders should i give my team and where to put the arrows?
    Last edited by Capticus; 03-20-2013 at 06:52 AM.

my opponent today is also playing a 4-1-2-1-2Wide and I noticed on the table of formations thread it says that 3-5-2 will counter but was wondering what the team orders should be?
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

ciao salve , io sn uno nuovo, siccome non so come inviare un messaggio al forum per del aiuto ho preso il primo che capitava per farmi dare delle informazioni , mi puoi aiutare gentilmente?

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    my opponent today is also playing a 4-1-2-1-2Wide and I noticed on the table of formations thread it says that 3-5-2 will counter but was wondering what the team orders should be?
    But i dont have the player for 3-5-2

Quote Originally Posted by vincent juventino do View Post
    ciao salve , io sn uno nuovo, siccome non so come inviare un messaggio al forum per del aiuto ho preso il primo che capitava per farmi dare delle informazioni , mi puoi aiutare gentilmente?
    Translate please!

I made good experiences against this system with 4-1-4-1 You can start with normal mentality, attack down both flanks, mixed passing (since a 4-1-2-1-2 player normally attacks). To make additional pressure you can motivate the wingers and turn the system in offense into a 4-5-1 V-style.

Another option is 3W-2DMC-3W-AMC-1 (with motivated ML, MR). Won last years CL final with this tactics vs. 4-1-2W-1-2. Similar mentality like above, but mixed attack can be chosen here. You can also choose long balls instead of mixed and activate "force counters".

edit:
    Ah, I see you only have one AML and MR/AMR. That makes it difficult.
    Something like 3W-2DMC-3N-AMC-ST or 3W-2DMC-2N-AMC-2ST with attack trough the middle and short passing could be an option, but I have never tried that vs. 4-1-2W-1-2.

Good luck and please give a report about what you have chosen and the result.
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 03-20-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    copyshop likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    I made good experiences against this system with 4-1-4-1 You can start with normal mentality, attack down both flanks, mixed passing (since a 4-1-2-1-2 player normally attacks). To make additional pressure you can motivate the wingers and turn the system in offense into a 4-5-1 V-style.

Another option is 3W-2DMC-3W-AMC-1 (with motivated ML, MR). Won last years CL final with this tactics vs. 4-1-2W-1-2. Similar mentality like above, but mixed attack can be chosen here. You can also choose long balls instead of mixed and activate "force counters".

edit:
    Something like 3W-2DMC-3N-AMC-ST or 3W-2DMC-2N-AMC-2ST with attack trough the middle and short passing could be an option, but I have never tried that vs. 4-1-2W-1-2.

Bought a amr, now i have 4-5-1 v-style, my match is tomorrow

Good luck dude. Kind of ironic I posted about 4-1-2-1-2 a week ago and now all these forum posts are about 4-1-2-1-2. xD

Quote Originally Posted by gtmsnba13 View Post
    Good luck dude. Kind of ironic I posted about 4-1-2-1-2 a week ago and now all these forum posts are about 4-1-2-1-2. xD
    sometimes people miss some threads and you don`t get the help you need at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post

edit:

Won with 2-1 with 4-5-1 v-style