Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rautz

Thread: The arrows

The arrows

anyone please help me with how the arrows work I don't see any significant change when I moved in with the arrows facing forward for both arrows facing downward someone should help me please

Rookie
    LeManiaque likes this.

Famous
    We don't have a clear idea of what arrows do either, really. There are many threads on the topic. Here are some common ideas:

1) Players will act as if they have "moved up" or back one position, so AMC with up arrow acts as a ST. DMC with down acts as DC
    2) Players will take more role in attacking or defending and will move as far as there is space. DR with up arrow may move up way up to AMR if you and the opponent have no players in the way.
    3) They are useless

I find adjusting arrows does make a difference and may depend on the opposition's formation and use of arrows. Examplse: DR may usually do well with an up arrow, but will have poor form if opponent has a ML or AML also with an attacking arrow; switching DR to no or down arrow may improve form. DC with down arrow may be too far back from AMC with no arrow, switching DC to up arrow may improve form.

It's totally possible for players to score and defend regardless of arrows. I have a DC who has scored multiple times while holding a down arrow. So it may be positional rather than motivational.