Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cletomendez

Thread: 3 defenders viable or to risky?

Rookie

3 defenders viable or to risky?

Soon finished my first full season, playing a traditional 4-2-3-1.
    Tactic seem ok. My line of 3 AMs is dominating. Yet to drop any point in the league, in SL final and won the cup. However i do spend alot of time on the game and play against mostly poor/inactive opponents so most tactics would probably work fine at this moment.

Next season im tempted to try 3 defenders. DL/DC/DR. I got a nice DC/DMC with wall that i trained up from 3 stars to 7, and im very tempted to try him as DMC next season. AMC seem to be a very dominant position so ive been thinking about counters, heck the DMC.

Im aware that there are no perfect tactics in this game, but is 3 defenders in generally pretty decent? With a DMC as cover.
    Or is it the fact that im new the game somewhat blinded me to the idea and when i climb and climb in managerrating and face good opponents, it ends up almost suicidal?

Rookie
    It depends of the quality of ypur deffender and the quality of the attackers. But the DMC can work very well, and the DL/DR also help a lot. If i were you, i would try it

Rookie
    However, i wouldnt use it if the opponent has 3 ST
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Rookie
    3 defenders is viable. Risky, but viable. If your oppo has 3 defenders, use your extra man to have 3 strikers.
    If he has four defenders, use your extra man as a midfielder and have more possession.

Please note, as mentioned before, if your opponent has three strikers, you must have four defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk