Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vernie83
  • 1 Post By sgreenaway1348
  • 1 Post By Bog Igre

Thread: Counter for 3N-1-4-2

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez

Counter for 3N-1-4-2

Hello,

I have an upcoming CL match against an opponent who plays with this formation. I am thinking of 4-3-2W-1 or 4-5-1 V since it is very similar to 4-1-4-1, and these I am thinking of works against 4-1-4-1. I have also a question; which player of mine will be the key player against this formation?

Tested formations are preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    Hello,

I have an upcoming CL match against an opponent who plays with this formation. I am thinking of 4-3-2W-1 or 4-5-1 V since it is very similar to 4-1-4-1, and these I am thinking of works against 4-1-4-1. I have also a question; which player of mine will be the key player against this formation?

Tested formations are preferable.

Thanks in advance.
    The 4 3 2 1 sounds good to me. Good luck

4-5-1V Works for me with defensive counter

Help for revenge

First of all you should start by analysing his defence.He is playing with 3DC and DMC so you should attack him on flanks and should not play with AMC exept if he is your best player or his DMC is weak so I will play with 2ST and AML/R which are yours key players because you are attacking on flanks and you should put red arrows on them.Then your opponent has 2MC's so you should also have 2MC's.And at the end he can attack you with arrows on ML/R so you should play with DL and DR(no arrows on them exept if he has a very strong ML or MR in that case you put blue arrow on them.You will see there grades during the game and decide then).He is playing with 2ST so you should play with at lest 2CB to be compatible.So i think 4-2-2-2 hexagon is your formation for this match.At the begining of the game normal mentality passes thru flanks combine passes counter on low press normal tackles marking zonal and OT off.If you are losing change to Attacking mentality long passes and counter off.In second half last 30 minutes you should play high press combine with condition bonus.I play many times against this formation and this formation always wins but you must have strong wings and good ST and CB's.He is not playing with AMC so you shouldn't need DMC and because of that this formation is easy to counter.GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by Bog Igre; 03-01-2017 at 08:05 AM.