Thread: Most effective formation?

Lightbulb Most effective formation?

Which of those 4 formations could be the most effective? I know it depends also which formation is opponent using, but what do you think?
    And also if you suggest one of those, maybe you could add orders also. At the moment I'm confused about which one to use as default one...

Orders maybe ? : Attacking, mixed, mixed, low, normal, man-to-man, ON counter, offside OFF.

Is playing with 3DC or 3 defenders ( DL-DC-DR ) even good ?
    All the ideas and suggestions are also welcome!

Most effective formation?-1.jpg

Rookie
    Depends on oponent. I have my team build up for butterfly 41212 nd 451v and 433 in game whit no subs but recently these are formations i prefer. Because my team is 7 stars and dont need 4 back line anymore. To answer your question last on the right would work vs most formations. If u mean effective by that

The best formation should be that if you change 1-2 players, you can easily make a "new" formation. Like these ones above. For example: When you sub MC->AMC, more attacking formation and MC->DMC becomes very defensive formation...

As playing with 3DC, it gives you more attacking players but also your defense is more weaker....

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The two with 3DC are good vs teams which attack from the middle
    The other two if you have a 7* (or plus) team and play vs a weaker oppo
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The two with 3DC are good vs teams which attack from the middle
    The other two if you have a 7* (or plus) team and play vs a weaker oppo
    Sorry I don't get you,the formation above which have three wide centre backs is used against teams which want to attack from d flanks and against weak teams AND the ither two formations which have three narrow centre backs are used against teams which want to attack from d middle or smth pls explain

Sent from my Nokia_X using Tapatalk

Famous
    The 1st one (3w-1-2n-3w-1), is the toughest formation to play against in top eleven i think. DC/DMC is a must, so DMC can fall back to DC if needed. Next most important, maybe a ST/AMC?

Big reason it's so difficult is because AML, AMC and AMR are in my opinion, the easiest positions to power-train in this game.

When I have a good attacking team, i go attacking, flanks, short, high press, m2m, normal tackle, counters off, offsides trap on.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 02-26-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    1. Massive possession, but with erratic results. Best againts weak oppo. Beware of midfield 4 or 5. 4-4-2 or 3-5-2
    2. Good against central based formation, preferably weaker oppo, only 2 wingers so if you choose for flank attack againts equal oppo might not be so good.
    3. Again is good against central formation, more solid in midfield than the 2nd. Prefer use for equal oppo who attack thru middle.
    4. The best well rounded formation among the four. Prefer to use against oppo who attack flank, if middle then choose 3.

All 4 should contribute massive possession if you played short passing. But all are weaker at back so against better quality opponent all 4 might stand very little chance.

Very susceptible to high pressing, if opponent packed their attack and high press, ur short passing might have trouble creating chances.( more precisely is shot on target).

For order I guess, 9/10 you have to play attack. short passing. Mixed or flank depending on opponent.
    Last edited by woopypooky; 02-27-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelses Fc View Post
    Sorry I don't get you,the formation above which have three wide centre backs is used against teams which want to attack from d flanks and against weak teams AND the ither two formations which have three narrow centre backs are used against teams which want to attack from d middle or smth pls explain
    I mean that if you 're vs a stronger opponent who's playing with 4-5-1V, 1 DC is not enough.
    About same q, it's risky.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html