Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Advice for formation change

Advice for formation change

Hi guys, I'm currently a level 8 manager and for the past 3 seasons mainly played with a 4-5-1 or 4-5-1 V style.
    I've done decently but always lose semis or finals of the champions league and also struggle to beat teams with a similar rating (sadly somehow I'm a flat track bully). last season my team was 120% team by the end of the season and yet i was trophyless but finished in decent positions like number 2 in the league, semis of CL and QF in cup.
    For the current new season my team is rated about 108% already in week 1. My starting eleven is as follows:
    GK (112%)
    DL (106%)
    DCb (104%)...can also play DMC
    DCa (103%)...can also play DMC
    DR (104%)...can also play DC, DMR
    ML/AML (113%)
    DMC (112%)....can also play DC
    MCa (100%)
    MCb (108%)
    MR/AMR (113%)
    ST (118%)
    I liked the 4-5-1 V style as it gives me defensive solidity and organisation but cant help but see i struggled against better or equal teams usually losing to them!
    Recently i acquired a world class ST/AMC of 123% via the transfer market and very desperate to include him. Any suggestion on what formation and tactics to play with him involved as well as my AML AMR ST MCb haha they are my best players.
    I'd always like a good well organised team hence loved my 4-5-1 V...so need a normal formation not a weird one haha
    Thanks for reading!!
    Last edited by abhi ghose; 03-10-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Famous
    You may remove one D and play 3W to make room to your AMC. But be careful against teams with 2/3 strikers. In that case remove your DMC to play the successful 4-2-3W-1. But make no mistake: you'll come back to 4-5-1V at some point: it delivers !!
    LarryC likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    You may remove one D and play 3W to make room to your AMC. But be careful against teams with 2/3 strikers. In that case remove your DMC to play the successful 4-2-3W-1. But make no mistake: you'll come back to 4-5-1V at some point: it delivers !!
    so you mean a 3-1-2(N)-3-1? and what tactics and arrows would go with this?
    same for the 4-2-3-1 cause i find it tricky with no DMC...the 2 MCs would have down arrows?
    what tactics do you use with 4-5-1V when you play a team of similar calibre?

Famous
    I have no answer for those arrows as I never used these tactics: I just know that I am having very hard times with 4-5-1V against them.
    I play 4-5-1V with up arrows to both my AM and one MC. That's it: mixed passing/down both flanks/normal mentality and tackling/ zone marking
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

If you play with 4 defenders, go UP arrow with DL/DR, if with 3, then all DC down arrow...

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by abhi ghose View Post
    Hi guys, I'm currently a level 8 manager and for the past 3 seasons mainly played with a 4-5-1 or 4-5-1 V style.
    I've done decently but always lose semis or finals of the champions league and also struggle to beat teams with a similar rating (sadly somehow I'm a flat track bully). last season my team was 120% team by the end of the season and yet i was trophyless but finished in decent positions like number 2 in the league, semis of CL and QF in cup.
    For the current new season my team is rated about 108% already in week 1. My starting eleven is as follows:
    GK (112%)
    DL (106%)
    DCb (104%)...can also play DMC
    DCa (103%)...can also play DMC
    DR (104%)...can also play DC, DMR
    ML/AML (113%)
    DMC (112%)....can also play DC
    MCa (100%)
    MCb (108%)
    MR/AMR (113%)
    ST (118%)
    I liked the 4-5-1 V style as it gives me defensive solidity and organisation but cant help but see i struggled against better or equal teams usually losing to them!
    Recently i acquired a world class ST/AMC of 123% via the transfer market and very desperate to include him. Any suggestion on what formation and tactics to play with him involved as well as my AML AMR ST MCb haha they are my best players.
    I'd always like a good well organised team hence loved my 4-5-1 V...so need a normal formation not a weird one haha
    Thanks for reading!!
    Hi there. I have used a lot of formations, and I never stick to one. One thing is a player who is 115% and other is a 115% player but well trained, I mean grey abilities very low and the primary ones very high. It's not the same a ST of 115% with all the stats 115% (I'm obviously exaggerating) that other striker with 115%, but 200% in primary abilities and 30% in grey abilities. Resuming, are your players well trained?

On the other side I like to adjust my formation depending what the opponent puts on play. I rarely follow the table of counter formations, but I make mine with a lot of common sense and a bit of inspiration. Hope I helped you

Regards

rpg
    Since u like 4-5-1v, why dont u try also 4-1-2-1-2?
    U just have to get amr/st or aml/amc type of players. Its very abundant in the market and also recommended scouts. That way you only need a good starting 11. Can attack middle and also flank depending on your opponents.

Since u are high quality team, every season u will definitely meet higher level opponent in your cup and champions league. Some are too high quality so only way to get around them is to pick at their weakness.

Do you feel ur 4-5-1v sometimes loses to better flanking team? Or middle based formation?
    Last edited by rpg; 03-11-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernie83 View Post
    Hi there. I have used a lot of formations, and I never stick to one. One thing is a player who is 115% and other is a 115% player but well trained, I mean grey abilities very low and the primary ones very high. It's not the same a ST of 115% with all the stats 115% (I'm obviously exaggerating) that other striker with 115%, but 200% in primary abilities and 30% in grey abilities. Resuming, are your players well trained?

On the other side I like to adjust my formation depending what the opponent puts on play. I rarely follow the table of counter formations, but I make mine with a lot of common sense and a bit of inspiration. Hope I helped you

Regards
    hey,
    Thanks for your input!!
    And yes haha my starting XI are well trained, I've had most of them for 2-3 seasons and i've been training them.
    what i need help with is integrating the new player who is a 123% ST/AMC with one on one scorer special ability. He isn't well trained (but very young and basically a star for my team for the next few seasons). i need to get him into the team while still keeping the ST, AMR AML and atleast one MC since i'v had them for long and as i said earlier are well trained.
    i ideally play my 4-5-1 but can't with the new play so what would be your ideal formation with such players? bearing in mind the new guy can play AMC or ST? so basically formations with a AMC or 2 STs

Quote Originally Posted by rpg View Post
    Since u like 4-5-1v, why dont u try also 4-1-2-1-2?
    U just have to get amr/st or aml/amc type of players. Its very abundant in the market and also recommended scouts. That way you only need a good starting 11. Can attack middle and also flank depending on your opponents.

Since u are high quality team, every season u will definitely meet higher level opponent in your cup and champions league. Some are too high quality so only way to get around them is to pick at their weakness.

Do you feel ur 4-5-1v sometimes loses to better flanking team? Or middle based formation?
    a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with wingers? i can try that but makes me feel like makes my central midfield weak haha. and i do have a strong team that can play it though i want a team with either 2ST or 1St and ! AMC and not a team with 2ST and a AMC.
    Yup, im the round of 16 in cup and all other managers are level 9, some even 11 while im level 8 ..same for champs league haha half of them are velev 9.
    umm yes, my 4-5-1 would lose mainly to middle based formations especially 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and 4-3(N)-1-2 . hence lost all trophies and need a change! my team is great just seems that tactically i could do better.

451v actually work well with def mentality againts strong team . Just red arrow on both Wing, then blue arrow on all defender. This formation very good in def counter like what arsenal doing , some time if u wanna attack , just swap your dmc to mc or amc, depends what your opponents formation .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Season 23

Leagues Won:19
    Leagues runner up:3
    Champion Leagues Won:8
    Champion Leagues Finallist:12
    World Cup Won :4
    World Cup Finalist:2

*Triple Crown still hoping *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast