Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iyerz

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Counter formation 4-2-1-2-1

Counter formation 4-2-1-2-1

What is the best counter formation and order for the below one

--ST--
    ---AMC--AMC--
    ------MC----
    --DMC--DMC---
    DL DC DC DR

He has been beating black and blue everyone.

I have a match tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Moving your thread to Formations and Tactics forum @iyerz.

Against this formation I'd go with a narrow defense of 3DC + 1DMC. Your flanks will be safe.
    As for the rest... hm. I wouldn't go for his sides here but that central corridor between the DMCs and DCs looks nice and empty. I'd exploit it. And at the same time I'd like to have a better ball possession since he's stacked a lot of defense and I'd like to keep the pressure on him.

Overall I'd go with: 3-1-4-1-1

ST
    AMC
    ML-MC-MC-MR
    DMC
    DC-DC-DC

Focus passing: Through the Middle.
    UP Arrow on the two MCs and the AMC.

Note: Btw I always keep DOWN Arrows on my DCs. Works for my guys.

Btw if my guys can't score like this for the first half I'd go for flanking attacks. (That is if I continue with the same formation)
    UP Arrows on the ML, MR and AMC.
    No Arrows on the MCs.

As for mentality - I'd see how the match goes. I usually go with Attacking + Short Passing. If my defense holds and I have good possession % I like to use Force counter-attacks. A long passing scheme helps with the counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Moving your thread to Formations and Tactics forum @iyerz.

Against this formation I'd go with a narrow defense of 3DC + 1DMC. Your flanks will be safe.
    As for the rest... hm. I wouldn't go for his sides here but that central corridor between the DMCs and DCs looks nice and empty. I'd exploit it. And at the same time I'd like to have a better ball possession since he's stacked a lot of defense and I'd like to keep the pressure on him.

Overall I'd go with: 3-1-4-1-1

ST
    AMC
    ML-MC-MC-MR
    DMC
    DC-DC-DC

Focus passing: Through the Middle.
    UP Arrow on the two MCs and the AMC.

Note: Btw I always keep DOWN Arrows on my DCs. Works for my guys.

Btw if my guys can't score like this for the first half I'd go for flanking attacks. (That is if I continue with the same formation)
    UP Arrows on the ML, MR and AMC.
    No Arrows on the MCs.

As for mentality - I'd see how the match goes. I usually go with Attacking + Short Passing. If my defense holds and I have good possession % I like to use Force counter-attacks. A long passing scheme helps with the counters.
    Thanks Buddy. Looks like a good option will try this .

Jeeves likes this.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Wish ya luck with the match @iyerz.

Btw, sometimes in cases like these (No danger of flanking attacks), I actually try to overpower the opponent. I know that my players are cable of pulling something like this off, so in a last ditch effort during the match, I might switch things up with narrow-diamond style formations such as: 3-1-2-1-3 or 3-1-2-2-2 or 3-1-3-1-2 or 3-3-1-3 or any amalgamation of these.
    Full central attack, up arrows on all players starting from the mid: MCs, AMCs and STs.
    Attacking/Hard Attacking mentality.

You get the picture. But again it's all about how confident your team is against the opponent (If your goal line is not in danger then you may try to rush him/her hard - But be careful of counters ofc! Your opponent has stacked a lot of defense so who knows, he/she might be counting on stealing the ball during your attacks and going for counter plays through the middle).

Wish ya luck with the match @iyerz.

Btw, sometimes in cases like these (No danger of flanking attacks), I actually try to overpower the opponent. I know that my players are cable of pulling something like this off, so in a last ditch effort during the match, I might switch things up with narrow-diamond style formations such as: 3-1-2-1-3 or 3-1-2-2-2 or 3-1-3-1-2 or 3-3-1-3 or any amalgamation of these.
    Full central attack, up arrows on all players starting from the mid: MCs, AMCs and STs.
    Attacking/Hard Attacking mentality.

You get the picture. But again it's all about how confident your team is against the opponent (If your goal line is not in danger then you may try to rush him/her hard - But be careful of counters ofc! Your opponent has stacked a lot of defense so who knows, he/she might be counting on stealing the ball during your attacks and going for counter plays through the middle).
    Still lost by 1.0 he scored in the 80th min

Morale n health full
    He was 87 n i was 102

Possession n scoring shots mine were higher...

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Hey iyerz, can you take some screenshots of the match report and attach them here?

Like Statistic, Lineup and Fans tab for both Home and Away sides and the Ratings tab as well.

Hey iyerz, can you take some screenshots of the match report and attach them here?

Like Statistic, Lineup and Fans tab for both Home and Away sides and the Ratings tab as well.
    Here you go

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks, iyerz .

Well I was able to find the match. So the two of you are basically even it seems. Your opponent's team is 38.5 Quality and yours is 38.6. Also, it seems he put the two AMCs as AML and AMR. He's definitely preparing for his matches. Also he attended the match which means he managed his team. The result isn't that much of a surprise. The two of you are neck-a-neck. Idk if you did but if you didn't, make sure to reposition your players so that you cover your sides from the AML and AMR of your opponent.

Thanks, iyerz .

Well I was able to find the match. So the two of you are basically even it seems. Your opponent's team is 38.5 Quality and yours is 38.6. Also, it seems he put the two AMCs as AML and AMR. He's definitely preparing for his matches. Also he attended the match which means he managed his team. The result isn't that much of a surprise. The two of you are neck-a-neck. Idk if you did but if you didn't, make sure to reposition your players so that you cover your sides from the AML and AMR of your opponent.
    Thanks Champ

I have a match with a strong 112%

DL DC DC DR
    ML MC MR
    AMC
    ST ST

I am 107%

What is the best formation and order and arrows to counter this

Its a CL semifinal

Thanks in advance for help

I had beaten a different opponent same formation earlier at
    DL DC DC DR