Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ramy

Thread: Guide to play against counter attack

Post Guide to play against counter attack

Hi everyone,
    Counter attack is usually played by opponent if he have strong defense and striker.You can understand counter attack is used by opponent when his team try to counter attack every time which is displayed in commentary.You can also predict from formation.
    How to deal with counter attack:
    1:Turn on offside trap

If opponent only have one striker or AMC then you can turn on offside trap which will stop opponent team from counter attacking.
    It is risky but you have to risk to achieve something.Anyways it works 90% against counter attack formation.

2:Turn on short passes

If your attackers don't play wide and flexible with long passes then opponent will not get chance to counter attack.

3:Low pressing

If you will turn pressing high opponent will get chance to counter attack as your players will press whole pitch.It may result in wide opening of your defense.

4:Man on man marking

As we know for counter attacks opponent will mostly use one striker or even one AMC.Your defense will be ready to block just one attackers and they will prevent opponent striker to create chances.

I HOPE YOU ALL WILL LIKE MY SUGGESTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post

2:Turn on short passes

If your attackers don't play wide and flexible with long passes then opponent will not get chance to counter attack.

I HOPE YOU ALL WILL LIKE MY SUGGESTIONS
    I agree with what you said except for this point, I could be using long balls on the flanks with low pressure, the opponent won't still be able to counter attack me, even if you played short pass possession game, any intercepted pass could lead to a counter attack, so passing style has nothing to do with stopping counter attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Abhinavsharma likes this.

If you made one wrong long pass your defense will be wide open thats my point
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Find usefull things in post and inform me
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

You can use blue arrows to DM or MC so to counter balance counter attacks.This is easiest guide to play against counter attacks.

I agree with this one. My players made severally mistake on long ball, and the opp can easily countre attack me right after they got the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    If you made one wrong long pass your defense will be wide open thats my point

not necessarily
    if you play a short pass by your defenders that gets intercepted then they will be far closer to your goal
    if you play long then even if intercepted the chances are they will be much further from your goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk