Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dogtor

Thread: Going for it...need help

Going for it...need help

After 4 uneventful and insignificant seasons, I will have my first shot to glory in tomorrow's cup final. My opponent and I are almost equal (1% difference) and he's using 4-5-1v style.This will be my first time facing that formation. That formation has been my bread and butter throughout this season and it been really good for me and now I found myself going against it...ironically, in a big game. So how to effectively counter 4-5-1v? Being also a user of the formation, I observed that it has difficulty going against formations with 3n mid so I was thinking of using...4-3n-2-1, 4-3n-1-2, 4-1-4-1 or 3-5-2v, perhaps? need help please..

you can make your midfield stronger to defeat 4-5-1 V, but don't use AMC, and make sure you have fullback to protect your flank

least option as below
    1) 4-3n-2w-1
    2) 4-3n-3n
    3) 3w-3n-2w-2 (swiss knife but risky)
    Last edited by adifairus; 03-26-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    you can make your midfield stronger to defeat 4-5-1 V, but don't use AMC, and
    make sure you have fullback to protect your flank

least option as below
    1) 4-3n-2w-1
    2) 4-3n-3n
    3) 3w-3n-2w-2 (swiss knife but risky)
    Yeah, i`ll try 4-3n-2w-1. Orders? Should i start with normal ment first.?

Quote Originally Posted by dogtor View Post
    Yeah, i`ll try 4-3n-2w-1. Orders? Should i start with normal ment first.?
    because almost equal strength, start with normal mentality, zonal marking, Low Press, OFF offside trap, OFF counter attack

play short pass because you want to secure the ball in midfield, you need to win midfield battle when against 4-5-1 V,

focus on the flank because you want to avoid his DMC.

then keep observe your opponent defenders in match rating during live match,

if one of their fullback either DL/DR rating lower than 6.5, focus your passing there and switch to attacking mentality,

if one of their DC rating reduce to lower than 6.5, change all your wingers to play 3-ST, and attack through the middle, and you become 4-3-3

**tips : turn OFF live animation for efficient observation

remember to ON offside trap and play high pressing if you switch to attacking mentality
    Last edited by adifairus; 03-26-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    because almost equal strength, start with normal mentality, zonal marking, Low Press, OFF offside trap, OFF counter attack

play short pass because you want to secure the ball in midfield, you need to win midfield battle when against 4-5-1 V,

focus on the flank because you want to avoid his DMC.

then keep observe your opponent defenders in match rating during live match,

if one of their fullback either DL/DR rating lower than 6.5, focus your passing there and switch to attacking mentality,

if one of their DC rating reduce to lower than 6.5, change all your wingers to play 3-ST, and attack through the middle, and you become 4-3-3

**tips : turn OFF live animation for efficient observation

remember to ON offside trap and play high pressing if you switch to attacking mentality

Adifairus, thanks a lot for the tips. I won the cup..beat him 3-1. You were right...the key was controlling the midfield. I had a lot of possession. I didnt think switching off the live match would actually help..now i know. Thanks!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going for it...need help-t12.jpg   Going for it...need help-t11.jpg  
    adifairus likes this.