Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adifairus

Thread: formations with 3 defenders dont use all DCs?

formations with 3 defenders dont use all DCs?

I imagined 352 (3412, 343 etc) in TO use 3 central defenders for the back line.
    But I just saw what tactics is using the guy from the same association. Only 1 DC and DL DR.

Mine (2nd image) has only DCs.

Anything I should know? My three players might be too close together anyways.
    But I couldnt move them any further, as it turns them into DLs/DRs.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails formations with 3 defenders dont use all DCs?-352.jpg   formations with 3 defenders dont use all DCs?-mine.jpg  

talk about 3 defenders,

depending on your opponent, if they use narrow attacking without wingers, only ST and AMC, you can make all your DC play inside DC box

if your opponent use 3 attacker including winger, you can locate 2 of your Defender position right the same with their wingers

if your opponent is stronger than you, don't ever use this one on one defending, you will surely lost
    Last edited by adifairus; 05-08-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    talk about 3 defenders,

depending on your opponent, if they use narrow attacking without wingers, only ST and AMC, you can make all your DC play inside DC box

if your opponent use 3 attacker including winger, you can locate 2 of your Defender position right the same with their wingers

if your opponent is stronger than you, don't ever use this one on one defending, you will surely lost
    How can we counter 3W3W3W1 / 3N412 / 3W13W12? I struggle against these.. Specially 3rd one.

i) 3W-3W-3W-1 - the key to counter this formation is you must have fullback to mark their wingers, must have 1-DMC to mark opponent AMC, use 2 or more MC to win midfield battle, suitable formation is 4-5-1 (V) or 3W-5-2 (V), mixed pass mixed area

ii) 3N-4-1-2 - again you need fullback to protect the side back if their side midfielder going forward, and need 1-DMC to mark opposite AMC, and need 2-DC to mark 2-ST, you can take advantage of their lack of side defend. best formation is 4-5-1 (V) attack down both flank

iii) 3W-1-3W-1-2 - again, again you need fullback to protect the side back if their side midfielder going forward, and need 1-DMC to mark opposite AMC, and need 2-DC to mark 2-ST, you need 2-MC to win midfield battle because your opponent only got 1-MC, and you can take advantage of their lack of center defend which is only 1 DC, use 3-ST, best formation is 4-1-2-3 focus through the middle. eventhough your opponent formation got DMC, but that's not really a problem to attack through the middle if you don't use any AMC.

seriously, beating any formation which only use 3 defenders, or only 1-DC or only 1-MC formation is too easy for me
    Last edited by adifairus; 05-08-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    SujanVan23 likes this.

Rookie
    Thank You