Thread: CL against weaker 3-4-1-2 (dl/dr)

CL against weaker 3-4-1-2 (dl/dr)

I'm playing later today in the CL against a weaker 3-4-1-2 with DL/DR

DL----DC----DR
    ---------------
    ML-MC---MC-MR
    ------AMC-----
    ----ST--ST----

I've tried searching here and in the old forums but all I found are advice against 3 DC or against stonger oponents..
    Please help me, I've got a game in 4 hours and I have no clue how to come up against him!

I thought narrow diamond as he lacks defense in the middle and the dmc will disable his amc. what do you think?

Apprentice
    A bit late to reply? I would have gone for 3-2-2-1-2 maybe:

----ST----ST------
    -------AMC--------
    ----MC----MC-----
    DML----------DMR-
    ----DC-DC-DC-----

Zonal marking will nullify the need for a DMC, your MCs and DCs will all cover him as well. My only worry would be your single player on each flank against his two.

yeah a bit late, i went with a slight similar formation - 4-3-2-1 short passing, through the flanks and attacking if i remember well. It was rough and very even. he scored a goal but i scored one too and as i expected- he changed his formation to 4-4-2 flat - his usual formation, which is weaker than mine. he realised it wasn't good and kept changing. the match ended 2-1 in my favor. and it was away!

now he plays 3-1-4-2 (this time with a dmc instead of an amc). how do you think I should go up? I haven't got a clue! the game is in 5 hours..

--dc-dc-dc---
    -----dmc-----
    mr-mc--mc-ml
    --------------
    ----st--st----

After this cl match I also play against #2 in my league which almost doesn't lose. he plays 4-1-2-2-1 (with 2*mc and 2*amc).. do you think 451v would work against him?

dr-dc--dc-dl
    ----dmc----
    ---mc-mc---
    --amc-amc--
    -----st-----
    Last edited by damal; 12-12-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Apprentice
    If he's weaker, I would say just attack him!

----ST-ST-ST----
    AML----------AMR
    ----MC----MC----
    ------------------
    ----DC-DC-DC---

This would be a good formation to counter his, but it is VERY VERY attacking lol.
    God Bless!