Thread: Help against asymmetric formation

Help against asymmetric formation

He's first in league and I'm second. I need to win this match to have a chance at title. He hasn't lost a match in the league and we played a 1-1 draw last game. This time I need to win.

He plays .. 4-3w-2(AMR,AMC(next to AML))-1

He's having three players on right wing. We r around the same quality... I'm 23.2 he is 22.8.
    I've watched one of his games ... I think he plays short passing game.
    I had used 4-5-1V against him last time and got a draw.

Pls suggest something guys. Urgent !

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza Khan View Post
    He's first in league and I'm second. I need to win this match to have a chance at title. He hasn't lost a match in the league and we played a 1-1 draw last game. This time I need to win.

He plays .. 4-3w-2(AMR,AMC(next to AML))-1

He's having three players on right wing. We r around the same quality... I'm 23.2 he is 22.8.
    I've watched one of his games ... I think he plays short passing game.
    I had used 4-5-1V against him last time and got a draw.

Pls suggest something guys. Urgent !
    So what did you do and how did it work out? What orders did you use? What's your best formation based on your roster regardless of what your opponent uses?

I like the 451v idea especially if that's your best formation (the one that plays your best performing players). With my roster playing at home, I would have played a 4-2-3-1 and used arrows to shape it like a 451v (blue arrow on AMC, red arrow on one of my DMC's, red arrow on DR, red arrows on the two wide AM's, etc.), attacking with high pressing, zonal marking, offsides/no counter, mixed, mixed. And if away AND knew that my opponent would play aggressively, I would have shaped it a little less aggressively on my end (maybe a 5-1-2-2 type of look or 4-1-4-1 which is a less aggressive 451v), normal mentality, low, man to man, counter, mixed, mixed...something like that. That probably wouldn't have worked for you but hopefully it gives you an idea of what I would have suggested for you. Narrow diamond might have been decent attacking the opponents weak middle.

Those are my thoughts...hope you had a decent result!
    Last edited by Adam T. Brown; 11-06-2015 at 04:05 AM.