Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JULY FOURTH or ANYONE???

KNN

JULY FOURTH or ANYONE???

I have discussed this formation earlier on July Fourth -Table of Counter Formations - What to use?

I appreciate July Fourth effort to try to put in all available formation BUT unfortunately this formation was neither in his original thread nor this one.

SO FAR NO ONE HAS REPLY!!!

I mention in my posting earlier -

"Help!!!
    Can someone help me to counter this 4-1-3-1-1 formation please?

DL-DC-DC-DR
    DMC
    ML- MC - MR
    AMC
    ST

I have group with him for past 3 seasons and I cannot seems to get the better of him. Our quality has been about the same. This season, my quality is 46.2 and his is 45.8. He tops the league with 16 wins , 1 draw and 0 lose, scoring 69 goals, conceding 6.

Someone tried 4-1-4-1 formation. I had tried the famous 4-5-1V, or 4-2-2-2, 3W-4-3, 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly, 4-1-3W-2, 3-5-2 and none could beat this formation. The best result I ever achieved is to struggle for a draw despite my quality slightly better than him. This formation has practically cover all areas. It is more offensive than the balanced 4-4-2.
    With 2 DC, 1 DMC, 1MC, 1 AMC, 1 ST all forming a straight line, the middle proves very difficult to overcome. With DL,DR, ML,MR, it is easy to defend the flank from AML,AMR in a 4-5-1V formation, while at the same time launching attack with his ML and MR with 1 AMC.

Till NOW, NO ONE HAS THE ANSWER.

Is there anyone who can help? JULY FOURTH?

Apprentice
    Home i would go 3-5-2 offside .Away 3142 norm but this is how i would as i play two M PM.

sound tricky formation, did you tried motivated 4141 or mix of it with 451V? don't underestimate the power of arrows
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

KNN
    Someone posted in another thread that he tried 4-1-4-1 unsuccessfully. Another team in my league also try 4-1-4-1, losing both matches by 1 and 3 goals. I had tried 4-5-1V with arrow up on my AML and AMR to support my attack, losing once and draw once and it exposed me to more counter-attacks. My mentality is attack, down both flank, mixed passing, no counter, no offside. If I try normal mentality, I will tick forced counter, the rest is the same. The three of us are about the same quality.
    He tops the league now with 19 wins, 1 draw, 0 lose, scoring 88 goals and conceding 6.

KNN
    Quote Originally Posted by thon View Post
    Home i would go 3-5-2 offside .Away 3142 norm but this is how i would as i play two M PM.
    I have try 3-5-2 before. His flank seems to get the better of this formation. Playing with offside is dangerous especially his ST and AMC matches my defenders quality. This 4-1-3-1-1 formation already seems easier to break clear from counter attacks, so I do not think playing offside is feasible.
    Last edited by KNN; 04-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Unusual formation but i believe the butterfly could counter it, but NO offside trap
    Currently playing level 8 (season 8)

The league:
    1st place level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

The Champions league:
    1st place level 2,3,4,5,6 - 2nd place level 7

The cup:
    1/4 final level 3

Since your opponent uses an "irregular" formation, I think you should try an irregular one to counter his weakness. My suggestion is modified 4-3-2-1 X-mas Tree, the 3N-1-3W-2AMC-1 formation which looks like this:

--------ST-------
    ---AMC---AMC---
    ML-----MC-----MR
    -------DMC-------
    ---DC--DC--DC---

Firstly, let's see your opponent's formation:

He has a straight line of DMC -MC - AMC - ST, this line seems to be his strength, but it is also his weakness. If your opponent uses short low passes to play the ball from his DMC to ST to reach your penalty box, you can break this simple straightforward line of passes by putting some players in the middle of this line. Therefore, your MC and DMC should handle it easily. If he plays long high balls from DMC/MC to ST, his AMC is redundant, and so your DMC + 3DC should be enough to stop his only one ST.

Moving to his defenders: he always has 5 players in his side of the field, a DMC to protect the center in front of 2DC, plus DR and DL to defense in the flanks. What a defensive formation. You may find yourself difficult to attack his flanks because you have to skip his MR/ML and then DR/DL before passing to your ST. The easier way is going through the middle. Yes, I know he has a DMC. But if you play 2AMC, then your MC - 2AMC - ST should create a small circle of passing to play the ball around his DMC, and therefore should overcome his DMC. Furthermore, you will have total 6 players on his side, 1ST+2AMC+1MC+1MR+1ML, all are very close together and should have more accurate passes if you play short passing.

The last discussion is about his MR/ML: In my opinion, this is his threat to you. the closest player to those wingers are his AMC/MC. If he plays short passing, those winger will pass the ball to the AMC, and you already know how to break his central line of short passing, putting your MC and DMC in the line. If he plays long passing from MR/ML, your DMC + 3DC should be enough to cover your penalty box. However, if he attacks on your flanks and put red arrows on his MR/ML, he will have two "shadow" AMR/AML, which are close to both of his AMC and ST, and your 3DC will be in trouble. That's the reason why you got difficult when using 3-5-2 flat and found that his flanks were better. You can counter his red-arrowed MR/ML by your blue-arrowed MR/ML.

The above formation should be used with short/mixed passing and focus on the middle, pressing whole pitch and counter-attack.

You could try 3N-1-4-2. With mixed passing and mixed focus.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I will face a similar formation tomorrow in champions semifinal.

Though he hasn't an excellent team, just 29.8 quality in level 4 (mine is 38.4), he has knocked out 2 stronger teams (37.8 and 32.4) and reached undefeated the semifinals.

He plays 4-1-3W-2 and has won against 4-2-2-2 hex, 4-3N-1-2,4-3N-2-1, 5-3-2 and 4-4-2.

The only team that managed to win him (2 times) played a 4-5-1V but was very strong (40.5).

I'm going to play with the hexagon away from home and 4-5-1V or 3-4-1-2 at home.
    I'll tell you about the result
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

I would suggest a 3-5-2 variation with 1 DMC.
    3-5-2 seems the best way to counter it. In real life I think it's the obvious solution. In top eleven, as well. Just because someone lost by using this it doesn't mean that it's not a short of counter formation. The logic behind this, i think is right.

btw, I am really wondering if all these discussions has any point in top eleven. I shorta believe the game doesn't care tooooo much about your formation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast