Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need a miracle in second leg!

Question Need a miracle in second leg!

I lost my Champions League home match today 1-3 so I'm wondering what you guys think I should do in the second leg.

Here is the result Need a miracle in second leg!-champions-league-match-defeat.jpg

I never normally have a problem against this formation so this came as a bit of a shock!

My instructions were:

Team Mentality: Normal
    Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks
    Pressing Style: Own Half
    Marking Style: Zonal
    Passing Style: Short
    Tackling Style: Hard

No counter, no offside.

I have looked at his previous results and I see he has lost against formations like 3-1-4-2 and 4-1-2-3 to weaker teams.
    These are centre pitch focussed tactics so this is what surprises me. I am thinking of using....

3-1-4-2
    Team Mentality: Attacking
    Focus Passing: Mixed
    Marking Style: Man-to-Man
    Passing Style: Long

No counter, no offside.

What do you think?

Dreamer
    Just looking at the picture I was thinking myself for countering with 3-1-4-2 and then I read the rest of your post, lol. I get the rest, but why Man-to-man marking?

Maybe 3N-2W(DMC)-2MC-2(AML/R)-1 ? red arrows AMR/L and blue arrows MC?

Team Mentality: Defensive
    Focus Passing: Flanks

counter, no offside.
    I'd just played...

Haha I should of countered but I thought no, not at home. If I led, I would of countered in the second leg.

Because my 3 CB's will man mark the 2 strikers, DMC will man mark AMC and I'll have 4 midfielders man marking his 4.

Quote Originally Posted by darsento View Post
    Maybe 3N-2W(DMC)-2MC-2(AML/R)-1 ? red arrows AMR/L and blue arrows MC?

Team Mentality: Defensive
    Focus Passing: Flanks

counter, no offside.
    I'd just played...
    Do you mean the butterfly? That doesn't neutralize his AMC mate. Also, is defensive counter what I should be doing when I need a 3 goal lead? Thank you for the response

I would like to say.. IT'S BAD LUCK MATE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hear_break_kid View Post
    I would like to say.. IT'S BAD LUCK MATE !!
    I know, right? I knew what he was doing because for 70 minutes I was all over him, he couldn't counter me then BANG!
    I wanted the win so I stupidly went attackive and conceded 2 more lol.

Rookie
    Mate, play the same formation. That's good formation. Just set different orders. Attacking mentality, attack down both flanks, zonal marking, hard tackling, mixed passing, force counterattack, no offside traps, pressing own half. Put red arrows on AML, AMR, ST.
    And if you really need win, then you must play risky. 3W-1(DMC)-2N-2(AML,AMR)-2. Let your one dc play against 2 sts and put blue arrow on dmc to go back.
    Last edited by RedSeth; 04-25-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    El Pistolero likes this.

Dude I wish you luck second leg. I think it's best to set up your penalty takers. Try and go up 2-0 and go ultra defensive and hope for the best. Man, and I would have used the same formation, too; but with counter attack on.
    El Pistolero likes this.

451V is over rated
    your mistakes imo are:
    facing strong sides especially at home, you will be more exposed to counters, so better you use 4 at mid
    other problem is he has no fullbacks .. so you need to pass the ball fast and long to wings.. problem you set your team to pass short passes which will allow players to go back and cover as short is slow tempo .. is best to catch him in counter when he has no fullbacks

i will go with 4141 and red arrow in all fullbacks, DMC, wingers , counter long balls defensive
    don't give up .. you still have a chance, as he will attack you more and he will be exposed more into counters when playing at home than away
    problem you need 3 goals

my wingers are AML/ML/DML type of players, so i have big freedom to switch to 451V or many other formations during the game if 4141 didn't work .. my 4141 is normally one winger is AML and the other keep him as RM.. and change things depending on possession
    red arrow on strikers and wingers if you need more goals and care less about possession
    replace your striker with a fresh one , allowed me to pick 1-2 goals in last 20 minutes .. and try to refresh players and take out tired one upfront (mid to strikers).. help alot to give you even extra possession by the end
    3-0 away is a big task ..
    i played good side today and beat him 3-0 with 451 and he was watching .. was 0-0 till 60 min , was tempted to attack but never changed mentality from defensive and counter bcz didn't want to give an away goal for opposition .. and all the wait paid off by the end
    GOOD luck
    El Pistolero likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast