Thread: How To counter 4 - 1[dmc] - 2[mc] - 2[amc] - 1[st]

S.M

How To counter 4 - 1[dmc] - 2[mc] - 2[amc] - 1[st]

I need a good counter against this formation. Played away in CL and Drew 2 - 2. My team is 24.7 quality and his is 28.6

ANy Idea? When I drew against him I used a 3N - 1DMC - 4 - 2 formation with both arrows on winders.

Thank you

Dreamer
    If 2 DMCs are available, I'd try 3N-2DMC-3W-2 with red arrows on MR, ML and long passing through both flanks.

S.M
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    If 2 DMCs are available, I'd try 3N-2DMC-3W-2 with red arrows on MR, ML and long passing through both flanks.
    i`ve only got 1 dmc unfortunately

Dreamer
    Well, then you'll have to play a more defensive formation and hope to score through counter-attacks. With 2:2 away, goal difference is on your side, so the best you can do is make sure that they don't score anyway.

4-1DMC-4-1 with blue arrows on MCs and red on MR,ML,ST
    Defensive mentaility, long passing, down both flanks, normal tackling (don't use hard under any circumstances), pressure own half, zonal marking, force counter-attacks and no offside trap.

S.M
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Well, then you'll have to play a more defensive formation and hope to score through counter-attacks. With 2:2 away, goal difference is on your side, so the best you can do is make sure that they don't score anyway.

4-1DMC-4-1 with blue arrows on MCs and red on MR,ML,ST
    Defensive mentaility, long passing, down both flanks, normal tackling (don't use hard under any circumstances), pressure own half, zonal marking, force counter-attacks and no offside trap.
    Wont that be a bit too defensive? whats the chances of me scoring whilst using the same formation i used in the first leg?

Dreamer
    It is defensive, but that's the point - advantage is on you and even a 0:0 draw is good. He's weak on the wings and with your MR and ML attacking you've got a good chance of scoring.

S.M
    managed to score 2 goals :]