Thread: How to beat a very strong 4-2-2-2

How to beat a very strong 4-2-2-2

How can i play against an opponent how has 2 more Stars then me. His Quality is 26,4 and my Quality is only 17,5.

He plays:

-----ST--ST----
    ---AMC--AMC---
    ----MC--MC----
    -----------------
    DL--DC--DC--DR

Anybody an good idea? Its a very important Championsliga Game.

you need as much ball possession as possible to avoid being outplayed. (strangely top eleven doesn't seem to promote counter attack game with less ball possession)
    4-5-1 or even 5-4-1 (maybe better because he has 2 ST) is viable.
    If you have DMCs use them. A 5-1-3-1 will probably do for you. He attacks with 4 (6 if he has red fullbacks) and you defend with 6+ any MC who defs. Plus, your central DC will be free to mark an AMC at all times or to assist at STs marking. Hard tackling may be good to win the ball more, defensive formation and counter attack.
    If you go 4-5-1, also put DMC (4-1-4-1) and try to attack down both flanks.

Another option (which in real life is surely optimal but in Top Eleven I haven't tried it against 4-2-2-2 to the best of my memory, is 3-1-4-1-1 or 3-5-2 or 3-1-4-1-1). Theoretically 3 DCs are just fine against 2 ST and your DMC will make any AMCs life difficult but, that really depends on you rest MCs. They must defend as well so you won't be outnumbered. I guess defensive mindset will do the job. Attacking both flanks is essential (especially if you have fullbacks+ wingers) since he has only 2 fullbacks to defend (so you can outnumber him at wings). think of playing long balls (maybe not optimal if you put many players at midfield or if you don't have strong ST).

3 5 2 flat