Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to set an effective 4-5-1V

Rookie

How to set an effective 4-5-1V

I wonder about how to set the arrow for each of the player. I normally set a red arrow for AML/AMR + DL/DR and DMC. Am I doing the right thing or should i change or add more arrow to other position. Please advice
    Last edited by onstyle; 05-06-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Pointless putting red arrow on DMC if you're passing down the flanks.

I would put it on your striker, gives him more chances to score from

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Pointless putting red arrow on DMC if you're passing down the flanks.

I would put it on your striker, gives him more chances to score from

So should I use blue arrow on DMC then ? and how about DL/DR, if its okay to use red arrow on them ??

Also about my both MC, should I put red arrow or leave it empty

thx for the advice

put red on DL/DR only if they are very strong. I don't know about ST, I think it's not important to put red on him. DMC I would leave him with no arrows. Wingers probably red or nothing.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Whats with counter and offside trap mentality.... ?

When your mentality is attacking and you have red arrows on fullbacks, then add offside trap. When your mentality is defensive and you defend deeply or when you have much less ball possession, add counterattack.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Team Mentality: Normal
    Focus Passing: Down Both Flanks
    Pressing Style: Own Half
    Tackling Style: Normal/Hard
    Passing Style: Mixed
    Marking Style: Zonal

No offside, no counter.

Red arrows on AML & AMR
    Blue arrow on DMC unless opponent has no AMC, red arrow to support midfield.

4-5-1 V style orders

4-5-1 V in a brief it's a great counterattacking formation IF used the right way
    DL-DR, AML-AMR, ST should have red arrows , this will be your attack , with " down both flanks " not the middle, that's the point of 4-5-1 V , the flanks not the middle.

DC's and DMC should be blue arrowed , if your opponent have a really STRONG MC's your MC's too should be blue, if not just leave them un-arrowed press own half yea with counterattack of course , mixed passing

mentality : depends on your opponent , just forget about "hard mentalities" it is either attacking , defending or normal.

defense : zonal mostly, but if your opponents attackers are weaker than your defense use man to man

tackling : hard tackling could destroy your team and dreams sometimes , as it will cost you alot of cards and even goals from PKs or Fouls, so if a better team use normal, if a weaker team use easy.

And good luck mate

4-5-1 means defensive mentality.

Stricker:
    Find one with good pace (speed), heading and dribbling. You need the heading so the typical ST with much less defensive points won't help.

Midfielders:

Midfield is the key point of this formation and where your team will seek to capitalize on. You want to keep the ball and cross it forward or when defending to have a solid packed midfield.
    The DM will have no arrows and must be a defensive player. He must win the ball so tackling+ marking+ heading are important. He should also be able to cross the ball.
    The 2 MCs must be more attacking players. Good dribbling and passing are important skills for them. I would put 1 red arrow on 1 MC. It is important for your attacking opportunities to ask from 1 central midfielder to assist your ST and wingers. Choose the better one for this role.
    The 2 wingers must have speed fitness aggression and creativity. Also, they must have good crosses to exploit the flanks. Their role is to play wide and assist your ST. You could put red arrows on them but, you could leave them with no arrows as well. Winger have defensive duties and it's not wise to leave your flanks unprotected. Therefore I would suggest to start with no arrows and put them/remove them during the game, when you want to push or stand off.

Defenders

Fullbacks must defend against opponents wingers or wide players. Therefore they must have speed and good tackling+ marking. Also, when attacking you want some assistance from them. Therefore, they must have good passing and crossing skills. You can either put red arrows or not. It depends on how attacking do you want to be.
    Central defenders are your last defending barrier. They must have very good tackling, marking and heading.

I always play zonal marking, and I wouldn't change that at 4-5-1. Focus down both flanks will work just fine, normal tackling (I never use easy and I wouldn't suggest anyone to do so) with a mixed passing style (when defending you can pick short as well). I would suggest to always try to counterattack.
    babarkhurshid likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tactician View Post

Stricker:
    Find one with good pace (speed), heading and dribbling. You need the heading so the typical ST with much less defensive points won't help.

I dont agree abo
    Midfielders:

Midfield is the key point of this formation and where your team will seek to capitalize on. You want to keep the ball and cross it forward or when defending to have a solid packed midfield.
    The DM will have no arrows and must be a defensive player. He must win the ball so tackling+ marking+ heading are important. He should also be able to cross the ball.
    The 2 MCs must be more attacking players. Good dribbling and passing are important skills for them. I would put 1 red arrow on 1 MC. It is important for your attacking opportunities to ask from 1 central midfielder to assist your ST and wingers. Choose the better one for this role.
    The 2 wingers must have speed fitness aggression and creativity. Also, they must have good crosses to exploit the flanks. Their role is to play wide and assist your ST. You could put red arrows on them but, you could leave them with no arrows as well. Winger have defensive duties and it's not wise to leave your flanks unprotected. Therefore I would suggest to start with no arrows and put them/remove them during the game, when you want to push or stand off.

Defenders

Fullbacks must defend against opponents wingers or wide players. Therefore they must have speed and good tackling+ marking. Also, when attacking you want some assistance from them. Therefore, they must have good passing and crossing skills. You can either put red arrows or not. It depends on how attacking do you want to be.
    Central defenders are your last defending barrier. They must have very good tackling, marking and heading.

I always play zonal marking, and I wouldn't change that at 4-5-1. Focus down both flanks will work just fine, normal tackling (I never use easy and I wouldn't suggest anyone to do so) with a mixed passing style (when defending you can pick short as well). I would suggest to always try to counterattack.

I dont agree. I play that formation 4,5 levels.I won 4 leagues and 2 Cl.
    It can be defensive but if u set it so.

The key players are not the mids but the wings.If u dont have excellent AMR-Ls dont try it.My wings score more than 50 goals and give more than 40 assists per season,while my main ST scores at about 10...

The next key is the St,u need young ,fast ,and a good scorer.
    Then are the DR-Ls which must be fast and with good crossing.They are the keys when u make ur team more offensive as use red arrows to them.
    The DMC is key vs 4-4-2 ,a formation with AMC and definately vs 3Mcs.

If u want to play 4-5-1 v try it with no arrows at all ,normal mentality,down both flanks,normal tackling,own half press,no offside,no counter attack.

Try to find in any game if any arrows u use make any difference..for me only the ST red makes sometimes,less the DMC blue and sometimes the red on the DR-L.

Focus on 4-5-1v ,wlile ur alternative must be a similar formation .3-5-2 V is for me...more attacking ,almost my formation vs worst opponents in the first half to score,then change to 4-5-1V to make sure that u win.

My last 3 games where vs t buyers..semi and final Cl.. Won them all and was the first time i set it with defensive mentality,counter attack,blue to DMC ,red to ST.

I will focus in that orders next season if i have better opponents and my AMR-L are getting older (5* both now and close to 6 ,)and need to replace them after next season.

Hope i helped u
    babarkhurshid likes this.
    Level 25.

12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast