Thread: What the hell I did wrong?

What the hell I did wrong?

Sometimes I really don't understand this game.

I've faced a Level 8 (in cup I always face teams that are 3 levels above mine) who played a 4-3N-3.
    The quality was more or less the same (he's only 1 point above).

He's weakest point were the flanks so I've played a 4-1-4-1 with red arrows on the flanks and on the DMC.

Result: 0-3 at home. Shots: 9-21 (on goal 4-14). Ball possession: 50-50 though I had a +5%
    I felt like malta against spain..

I'm not expecting to win easily a match just because I'm supposed to use the right formation but I wouldn't lose this way either
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

I think that the current cup mechanism is to arrange matches between two teams having similar quality. That's why, despite that your opponent is 3 levels above you, your team's rating is about equal to his team's.

On the other hand, I think that 4-3n-3 formation will attack in the middle and will be very effective with counterattack, because your opponent just need a long pass to feed the ball to his 3 ST already being wandered in your penalty box. Therefore, it is crucial to put a DMC to help the DC against those long passes, and I think your red arrow on DMC is not a good choice. Please check the rating of your DMC and 2DC if I was wrong.

I never had much luck with arrows on DMCs, be it red or blue. I believe that if you need an extra defender you should put an extra defender rather than use blue arrow on a DMC to make him play more defensive. I think that is where you went wrong. 4-1-4-1 is a good way to counter 4-3-3 but an AMC would have been more efficient than DMC. I change my formation to 4-4-1-1 when I face 4-3-3 of similar quality.

omg are way too many that fall out of cup so early :S

His weakest points were the flanks so why didn't you use AML/AMR? Red arrows on them.

4-1-4-1 is a defensive formation... No attacking midfielders, only 1 striker... not surprised about that result.

3N-3MC-2AML/AMR-2 would have done it

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I used a 4-5-1V at home and 4-1-4-1 away. Won 2-0 and 0-1.

4-5-1V would of been the best choice, I think.

1. its' football
    2. it's a game on fb
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tactician View Post
    1. its' football
    2. it's a game on fb
    3. season 40' award for the most useless post?

For once that someone just asks around what s wrong instead of going "omfg ffs i lostz matchz but im moar haxxor" you end up with a trash reply, not fair men.

DMC and DCs rating has been 6. All the rest got 6 or 7 except an 8 for the gk and 5 for both wings (ML and MR).

Anyway, in return leg I set a narrow diamond and 15 minutes before the end the result was 2-0 for me.

Then I made the final attempt changing to 3N-3N-2-2 (just like dv8r advised) but then he scored 2 goals in last 10 minutes.
    Maybe I shouldn't have changed the formation, who knows..

So, after two matches it seems that center-based formation, with AMC and DMC, is the best to face a 4-3-3.
    The passing was normal, in the middle, and the mentality was normal with 4-1-2-1-2 and offensive with the second module, both with offside trap)
    Last edited by Nicky; 05-07-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

I end up with what I think that it must be said. Should we do a match analysis like real football in this case? Go on, be useful.

I always try to help and I always say what I think that is important. Nicky have lost a match on a football manager flash game on facebook even though he have played well with a decent formation and tactics. It happens. It happens because it's a free game on fb and it happens because it's football, not chess or baduk (go).

If you ever see my replies you'll notice that I always try to help as much as I can and to provide useful info. And I do exactly the same with patience when someone PM me for a tactic or formation. No need to mention where I put your award, no offense.

So, If you think that there's always a reason for loosing a match on top eleven even if you performed well with good rating and decent tactics, please be my guest.

As far as it concerns nicky, 4-5-1 is just fine against 4-3-3 so dude, I believe 4-1-4-1 was not a bad idea even though you lost. There's no way to prove that 4-1-4-1 is worst or better than narrow diamond. It depends on players (yours & opponent's), performance and luck.
    Last edited by Master Tactician; 05-07-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Wanted to quote Morgan O'Bree but I forgot
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful