Thread: Legal or Illegal ? Thank you ! :)

Legal or Illegal ? Thank you ! :)

Hi guys ! I have a new formation, i need to know many things..

My formation :

ST
    AMC
    ML-MC-MC-MR
    DMC
    DC-DC-DC

Well, at first, i'd like to know if it's legal..

Mh, what about arrows ? Tactic ? (I mean normal, offensive, zonal... you know?) Mh, What are formations who give me an advantage? I mean if i have more chance to win against 4-4-2 and less chance to win 3-5-2 you know? Sorry, my english is ****ing bad... So formations that i am stronger and formations that i am weaker..

And if it's a good formation !

I use this formation because it's a transition between 3-1-4-2 and 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly, i want the butterfly so i'm buying players ! Thank you if you gave me an answer !

EDIT : Today, my adv play a 3N-4(ML-MC-MC-MR)-3ST
    Last edited by Pradyz; 05-09-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Nobody ?

It is legal and a decent formation! I have quite good experience with this formations (used in season, cup and champions league last season).

I used this as my main formation last season (because I had no good fullbacks) and it did very very well. (finished 4th at level 8 with a 4* team while everybody from 1-5 were with scouts and world class players) , just fine to take the extra money from champions league! It was so good that I'm actually planning to use it this season as well. (To be honest, first 11 were 5* players).

Well, it will give a lot of ball possession and therefore, good chances to score and win each match. I had 60% or more ball possession and I even had more than 50-55% against much stronger opponents (even if I had lost, they were close matches with close scores).

I put red arrows on MR/ML and often on AMC. Sometimes I put blue arrow on 1 or 2 MCs.

Normal/Attacking mentality, mixed focus, Whole pitch pressing style, short passing (or mixed in some cases), normal tackling, offside trap on (when attacking) or counterattack if you defend in some games.

I think you have the chance to win every game (if the teams are equals).

Surprisingly I never had problems from being attacked down both flanks. I could say that with very few changes (eg DML/DMR, 2 AMCs, etc) it can "counter" (as people here like to say) many formations. In fact, it has decent performance with no many disadvantages.

1 serious problem you'll have to face with, is opponents fullbacks and wingers. 2nd serious problem is 1 ST and many AMs (AMC/AML/AMR).

1) If you have an opponent who attack down both flanks, just use DML/DMR instead of MR/ML and maybe focus through the middle. I did it when it was needed (I had no other way to control enemy's wingers because I had no other players for fullbacks) and it worked.

2) Go defensive and with full pitch pressing you'll be fine. In some cases use DML/DMR and attack with long balls and/or through the middle and you'll be fine (hopefully).

1 main disadvantage: You need very good ML/MR, AMC/DMC and 2 (out of 3) DCs and especially ST.

If you don't have strong (4* or more) ST don't use it.
    Last edited by Master Tactician; 05-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Wow ! Thank you so much guy ! I have a strong defence, a strong DMC, a strong AMC and a strong ST, i think i need to " renforcer " sorry my english is bad.. mh renforcer is.. get stronger or something like this.. my ML/MR and everything will be okay !

Anyway, thank you so much for your complete answer and hope the best for your season !

Don't worry, you write just fine. If you need anything about this formation post here. good luck.

yes, if you have good ML/MR you can attack down both flanks and defend better.
    Last edited by Master Tactician; 05-09-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

No problem ! Thank you !

I just won 0-7 against a 3-5-2 with my formation and.. i play League, Champion's League and cup so i put my weakest players at the end of the first 45' and i won anyway.. so i am very happy ! I recommend this formation for many players who want a lot of possession !