Thread: Counters for 4-1-3-1-1

Counters for 4-1-3-1-1

Im playing against this tomorrow 4-1-3-1-1 but with 2MC and a ML...never came across this to date!

Pity that noone answered to you, cause I'm facing the exact same formation today - 4-1-3(ML/MC/MC)-1-1

Maybe I'll use 4-3-2(aml/amr)-1 with attacking down both flanks or 3N-1-4-2 mixed...anybody has an advice?

I'll let you know the result and what tactics I used..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca27 View Post
    Pity that noone answered to you, cause I'm facing the exact same formation today - 4-1-3(ML/MC/MC)-1-1

Maybe I'll use 4-3-2(aml/amr)-1 with attacking down both flanks or 3N-1-4-2 mixed...anybody has an advice?

I'll let you know the result and what tactics I used..
    Guard your centre and right, rip him up down his right(your left). When you're trying to attack a particular flank, counter is the best ploy. Sit deep and break like hell.

Here's the result: I started 3N-1-4-1-1, normal mentality, hard tackle, mixed passing left flank, force counterattacks, pressing own half. At 1' his MC got injured so my possession was 61% (I played away). My shadow striker amc scored at 25'. At the halftime I changed the tactics - turned off counterattacks, set attacking mentality and mixed focus passing while whole pitch pressing. He scored at 47'

I got several chances then but nothing of it. His only good player DsonofabitchR was everywhere...so it's a draw.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca27 View Post
    Here's the result: I started 3N-1-4-1-1, normal mentality, hard tackle, mixed passing left flank, force counterattacks, pressing own half. At 1' his MC got injured so my possession was 61% (I played away). My shadow striker amc scored at 25'. At the halftime I changed the tactics - turned off counterattacks, set attacking mentality and mixed focus passing while whole pitch pressing. He scored at 47'

I got several chances then but nothing of it. His only good player DsonofabitchR was everywhere...so it's a draw.
    Mate, i said overload left side. you should have used 2 players on the left flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob8 View Post
    Mate, i said overload left side. you should have used 2 players on the left flank.
    I just moved the amc and st to the left and it looked like it 's enough...apparently it wasn't. I'll do it next time, thanks for advice m8. It wasn't so important match, luckily.