Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By K1k1n0

Thread: Interception of Long Passes

Interception of Long Passes

Good day everyone!

I hope we are doing well in our respective competitions?

Please I need help on how to intercept long passes. I've been paired with an opponent in Champions League and in Cup. Yesterday we played CL's semifinal and I lost to him 1-3 at my own ground because I underestimated him thinking I was the better team and today in cup final, I won him 2-4 but what surprises me was that he scored those two goals easily.

From all observations from yesterday and today's match, I discovered this guy is an attacking manager who plays long passes or mixed.

Now my question is, as a manager, how do you intercept long passes? Or is there any other tactics you would can suggest for me to stop?

Your responses would so much be appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

★彡ƒοяzα_α∂ιατ彡★
    Level 57
    Trophy Won: 58

Hello Ray,
    There are 3 usual methods. Aerial defender DCs is one. Low zonal marking with stacking the box is the other. Effective pressing with high def attackers will also create a possession advantage. All depends on your usual style. I try to tire out long passing squads by pulling back and countering with my own. Fitness advantage and smart subs is what wins the final third.
    Lyricalray likes this.