Thread: what to play vs 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond

Banned

what to play vs 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond

Ok, I have 6Q better than the opponent and I got smoked 2-0 last time I played vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond as I played 3-5-2 V. It should have at least scored something but alas, nothing.

I was going to go narrow diamond vs his narrow diamond and let the quality duke it out, BUT I would rather be on the offensive and play it better.

I keep seeing 4-5-1V with counter attack and long ball.

I also see 4-0-3N-2W-1 attack on flanks.

What do you think?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Ok, I have 6Q better than the opponent and I got smoked 2-0 last time I played vs 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond as I played 3-5-2 V. It should have at least scored something but alas, nothing.

I was going to go narrow diamond vs his narrow diamond and let the quality duke it out, BUT I would rather be on the offensive and play it better.

What do you think?
    try 3-1-2-2w-2 or 3-1-4-2, I played the first against a team of equal quality, dominated possession even though I wasn't at the game, had the majority of chances but he won, so I think maybe just an off day? He was a friend irl also, think I should of hard tackled as I think it's what all my friends are doing.

Would also love to see other peoples opinions about playing against this formation
    Last edited by mrcjevans; 05-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post

What do you think?
    hvae you found somethin useful against 4-1-2-1-2 formation ?

Rookie
    I tend to use 4141 against both diamond formations. Passing focus down flanks for narrow, through middle for wide