Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Master Tactician

Thread: Do I tank the game?

Do I tank the game?

So, my next match is against a team almost double my quality. All scout+, top of the league, wins every game at least 4-0 and has only conceded one goal.

I'm wondering, should I play a normal formation and hope for some luck? Or do I accept that I've already lost, play my GKs up front, my strikers in defence etc. with a zany 2-1-2-3-2 formation and see what happens?

Just play normal formation..go defensive and use longball tactics.. Don't give up.

Yes! I like your attitude. Never give up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mercury View Post
    Yes! I like your attitude. Never give up
    Said Mr Mercury and lost 0:6 No, I'm just kidding. Try using counterattacks through his weak spot (his least strong, to be more specific) e.g. if he uses obviously attacking down both flanks and does not have so many players in the middle, go through the middle...and as edisonsage said, longballs and hard tackle, defensive. Good luck

Haha! I went with 5-3-2, defensive, hard tackling, long ball, own half, zonal and passing down my strongest flank.
    Finished 1-1.
    May not be much to shout about, drawing at home, but at least it stopped him getting the perfect season he probably thinks his tokens should give him.

Content with that. Thanks guys, stay positive

Against much stronger opponents, Top11 seems to reward formations that give you ball possession. Defensive mindest and a packed midfield/defense+ counterattacks can be really strong counter to much stronger teams.
    Mr Mercury likes this.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

5-4-1 defensive, long ball, through the middle, own half, hard tackling, counter.