Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-5-1V counter

4-5-1V counter

I have two very strong opponents upcoming, both use 4-5-1V. As far as I understood 4-3MC-2W-1 might be a good counter but I only have 2 MC so I decided to go with 3W as shown in the photo. Is there any better way to counter 4-5-1V?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4-5-1V counter-capture.jpg  

Pro
    4-3M-2W-1 is indeed the best counter of 4-5v-1 when it is of equal quality to up to 10% disadvantage. Without 3 MCs is not an issue, as you could play both ML & MR close to MC region instead. The rationale is just 3v2 in central midfield to win the possession battle there. Opponents not playing any wide midfielders also mean your ML & MR would be having an advantage in both areas anyway. Stick to that would be fine as well.

If opponent’s ST is outstandingly strong when compared with our DCs and also opponent also has one of the fullbacks way better than our corresponding AML/R, it may be safer to play an extra pulled-back DMC to 3-man-mark that ST plus controlling the DMC area and only attack via your stronger flank, as that weaker winger is unlikely to win the duels and has a far lower chance of scoring even when he is playing at the ‘correct’ location. This way we ‘only’ sacrifice 1 opponent’s flank area but controlling all other parts of the pitch. Key of match control is to avoid that DMC area, unless we are going to overload with 2 AMCs.

4-5-1V counter-013217ba-0af9-4b1f-9328-17a36a67a9b9.jpeg

Generally, do not play both ML & AML so tightly as they tend to ruin passes in between. If attacking wide areas with both ML/R + AML/AMR seems more beneficial in certain circumstances, playing the AML & AMR aligned to ST is even better in terms of taking chances. DL & DR could pull wider to help further if not affecting defensive duties.

The back-up plan in last 20-30 mins when chasing the score could be a switch to 3-5v-2 (flanks), 3-1-3-2AMC-1 (middle) or 3-1-2-2AMC-2 (middle), depending on your players position availability and in-game opponent’s defenders ratings and yellow-card status (attack the weakest and most 2nd-yellow-card-prone zone).

Wish you the best of luck!

It don't work against equal teams...

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizo123 View Post
    It don't work against equal teams...
    That works better when our team is inferior and having an extra DMC would help covering space.

Equal or superior team should use 4-3-2W-1 instead for a perfect counter.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

4-3-2w-1 works only when you are far superior, equal or better teams win easily, you can make it somewhat difficult with tweaking, but that 's about it. 4-3-3 used to work but now it doesn' t and so on

against 4 5 1V choose a tactic if I have a stronger or weaker team than my opponent? is it possible to say that 4 5 1V is the strongest tactic or tactic on which the counter is wrong?

Apprentice
    I play 451V and had a hard time with teams playing 4132 ( 4 - MC-AMLRC-2ST).

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamma View Post
    against 4 5 1V choose a tactic if I have a stronger or weaker team than my opponent? is it possible to say that 4 5 1V is the strongest tactic or tactic on which the counter is wrong?
    Each formation has its strengths and also weaknesses. There is no strongest formation or tactics, but more about an effective use of own players to counter opponent’s (how to build own squad with players acquisition to enable in-game formation variations is another story).

4-5v-1 is very commonly used because of its relative balance. Can be very easily countered by 4-1-3-1W-1 via 1 flank even by opponents of 20%- with a very strong winger and ST. If opponents of 4-5v-1 is of better quality of 10%+, then 4-3-2W-1 would win the match with a large-margin score very easily with possession control in midfield.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    I play 451V and had a hard time with teams playing 4132 ( 4 - MC-AMLRC-2ST).
    Against 4-1M-3-2, the key is playing 2 MCs to overrun the 1 MC, along with 3 tight DCs against 2 STs, 2 fullbacks against 2 wingers, and either 1 or 2 DMC against 1 AMC (depending on how strong your 2nd DMC is). Playing 2 DMCs then left with the sole counter-attacking option with 1 AMC as a 3-4-2-1AMC, or with 1 DMC then could be 3-3-2-1-1 (middle) or 3-3-2-2AMC+L/R (via 1 flank) depending on opponent’s weakest defender in DC or fullback.

If your team has only 2 decent DCs, then could try 3 defenders as tight DC/DC/DR(L) pulled back both ML & MR as far back as possible with down-arrow and play 2 DMCs. 3-4-2M-1AMC would be the safest option for a result.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Against 4-1M-3-2, the key is playing 2 MCs to overrun the 1 MC, along with 3 tight DCs against 2 STs, 2 fullbacks against 2 wingers, and either 1 or 2 DMC against 1 AMC (depending on how strong your 2nd DMC is). Playing 2 DMCs then left with the sole counter-attacking option with 1 AMC as a 3-4-2-1AMC, or with 1 DMC then could be 3-3-2-1-1 (middle) or 3-3-2-2AMC+L/R (via 1 flank) depending on opponent’s weakest defender in DC or fullback.

If your team has only 2 decent DCs, then could try 3 defenders as tight DC/DC/DR(L) pulled back both ML & MR as far back as possible with down-arrow and play 2 DMCs. 3-4-2M-1AMC would be the safest option for a result.
    Thanks for your recommendation. I don't have more than 2DC, my solution is just aligne my AMLR to ST position and they play in center instead of wings to exploit the weak midfield of the 4132.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast