Help me to get my UCL match.
    I play against this formation
    GK
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    DMC
    MC-ML
    AMC-AML
    ST

He is 10% better than me and his AML 9*, ST, AMC and MC 8*. Match start after 9 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro
    A more challenging formation strategy question there

This is a typical left-flank-skewed attacking formation (to overpower any opponent who did not have a strong right flank defence).

The solution is a bit more unconventional as well. We also go left-flank-skewed though differently.

4-1-3-1WL-1ST(ST placed at ST/AMC/AMR corner).
    Counter-ff228-c02-18-c8-4-b1-e-bbaf-2-f886-e00-a2-c7.jpg

The rationale is to use 3 right sided players & DMC to match the no. of attacking players. With opponent playing a 4DC+DMC, ST placing central has very little attacking value, so we may well use him to act as the 3rd right-sided player and also satisfying formation requirement with at least 1 ST or AMC.

DL push up & move central to consolidate DMC area defending. MC & ML should be in the distance of 1:2 against opponent MC, so opponent MC is forced to defend MC (very easy to get double-yellow), so our ML practically goes free attacking with DL & AML (3v1 on left flank).

If opponent AML & AMC are just way too strong, then we should play an extra DMC instead of DL, with both moved further right to cover as much space on the right where applicable (becomes 4v3). ML moves back to DL region to help cover, and AML should be placed in the equidistant location of opponent DR & MC (so both cannot mark him properly). [The most ideal player choice here is a DL/DC/DMC, so you could move him along depending on the flow of the match].
    (Another possible 2 players’ combinations are DL/DC & DC/DMC, so each moves 1 position to move right to consolidate defence when needed)

Counter-33891-c5-c-2674-41-d2-80-d6-667-f193-aae76.jpg

Wish you all the best with CL match there!
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-10-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    MerseysideRed and Tales Kuo like this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

This mean attack from right flank?

He do changes
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    DMC
    MC-ML
    AMR
    ST-ST

Pro
    Attack from left flank. Opposition puts players onto every possible positions on his left (our right), so there would be no space to exploit and also would be likely to be beaten by quality difference if going head-on.

Could use defensive, mixed passing, counter on, offside on, low pressing and zonal (zonal and low pressing is better because we rely on the sheer number of players on right side with a defensive shape to defend against quality opponents - could switch to man-on-man and high pressing late in 2nd half when we want to press back to score with condition advantage. Since it is a group stage game, so it all depends if you are happy for a point to decide if saving conditions is better [especially event will be starting soon]).
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MerseysideRed View Post
    He do changes
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    DMC
    MC-ML
    AMR
    ST-ST

That is shifting AM to the other flank plus AMC pushed up to be ST.

In that case, the counter would be 4-1-3-1WL-1 (ST moves to default position; DMC moves left to negate space on our DL area (against AMR). DR moves to DC region. Both DC moves slightly left as well.

Then we still have 3v2 in midfield & also 3v2 in left flank with left-flank passing and counter.
    Counter-da9-dc1-fe-7072-4702-bcef-4-bc0-d177-b8-d9.jpg

Hard deff + long passes?

Pro
    Defensive and mixed passing.

Hard defending is not necessary, especially when team setup (3v2 in 1 flank) has scoring ability,

Mixed passing is safer, with better chances to launch counter attack and lower chances (vs long passing) of being countered. May immediately need to change to short passing if animation shows 2 times of long passes being intercepted to avoid conceding goals that way.

Lose 2:0 but its normal, he is 10% stronger, its bad because its my 1st lose for the season. 1st time when we meet I win with 3:2 but he is just 2% better, after this he have one more lose and now im 3 points in front on him. Thanks for your help!!! Gl hf!!!

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MerseysideRed View Post
    Lose 2:0 but its normal, he is 10% stronger, its bad because its my 1st lose for the season. 1st time when we meet I win with 3:2 but he is just 2% better, after this he have one more lose and now im 3 points in front on him. Thanks for your help!!! Gl hf!!!

Sorry about the loss there. 10% better with 9* winger is indeed difficult.

What formation did you play last time when you beat him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast