Thread: desperate: How to counter 4-3-3

desperate: How to counter 4-3-3

Opponent is equally strong. he plays dl-dc-dc-dr, ml-mc-mr, aml-st-amr. kings challenge: played like 10 games vs him and lost every single, sigh. been using different strategies. always had max condition, max boni and perfect moral. Help me pleaaasee

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotdunken View Post
    Opponent is equally strong. he plays dl-dc-dc-dr, ml-mc-mr, aml-st-amr. kings challenge: played like 10 games vs him and lost every single, sigh. been using different strategies. always had max condition, max boni and perfect moral. Help me pleaaasee
    4-3-3 is very easy to handle. Standard would be 4-4-2 (possibly score more) or 4-1-3-1-1 (better defensively though may win by smaller margins).

DMC & 3 MCs position can be a bit more creative according to opponents’ strength. If his attackers are very strong, then pull back DMC & 1 MC to cover; or you could squeeze all space out against his MC with 1 in front and 1 behind his MC too (especially 1 MC is better defensively and another attacking) Flat 2-MCs against 1 MC is only preferred if your MCs are inferior and have to rely on extra man to win the MC battle.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

thanks, i tried 4-4-2 defensive, counter on, low pressing, zonal, mixed passing, normsl tackling - and lost ;( Bad tactics?

by 4-1-3-1-1 u mean dl,dc,dc,dr,dmc,mr,mc,ml,amc,st? which tactics would you recommend?

by the way, yes most of his quality is in his offense. i also have most mx quality in my offensive players and lowest in defense maybe a bit unfirtunate
    Last edited by Kotdunken; 02-13-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Pro
    thanks, i tried 4-4-2 defensive, counter on, low pressing, zonal, mixed passing, normsl tackling - and lost ;( Bad tactics?

by 4-1-3-1-1 u mean dl,dc,dc,dr,dmc,mr,mc,ml,amc,st? which tactics would you recommend?

by the way, yes most of his quality is in his offense. i also have most mx quality in my offensive players and lowest in defense maybe a bit unfirtunate
    4-1-3-1-1, with ST & AMC pulled back the most possible; DMC & MC slightly pulled back. Fullbacks at default marking wingers at default positions
    desperate: How to counter 4-3-3-3-f035440-e7-a2-4-db4-aac5-9982-b52588-ef.jpg

4-1-3-1-1, similar as above, but both DMC & MC also pulled back the most to handle strong STs. Flat back-4 to handle AMs played as wide forwards (parallel to ST)
    desperate: How to counter 4-3-3-e1-d58-f50-d354-4184-a908-a78-d247-d412-b.jpg

Could mix the above depending on opponent’s winger’s position and STs strength.

AMC & ST are used to fully control AMC area to win, so ST should stay away from DCs as much as possible in this case.

Mixes, zonal, offside on, counter on, low press (could change to high press & man-on-man in 2nd half if needed)
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

thanks for the detailed response! played the 4-1-3-1-1 with arrows and tactics but sadly lost again. Played about 15 games against this fella and lost every single even though my overall quality was as good or better in all formations tried. If I narrowed it to a coinflip for every match played (sometimes less sonetimes more) chances of losing every single would be 0.5^15 or about 1 time out of 20.000 if Im not mistaken. Typing from my mobile so I cant check right now. Bit of a joke and I feel disappointed. What youre doing seems to work tho, looking at the screens in your signature Will try to play a bit like it. If I do it right, maybe the magic will unfold thanks!

care to share your oppinion on this?:

I used to think that a 6 star ST with very little grey attributes but very high speed, shooting, dribbling, finishing, IS WAY BETTER than a 7 star ST with way less in whites but way more in grey (like defensive attributes). At least when it comes to goal scoribg. Thats what my logic would suggest. However it seems that in game this doesnt seem to matter, the ST with more overall quality will always outperform (not due to better teammates), which i think is a joke... why woukd i train meaningfull attributes then? just develop a youth player with 8-9 stars to begin the season and hes doing great, although he wont even have 200% shooting or finishing but lots of tackling and other unnecessary crap...

what do you think?

Pro
    thanks for the detailed response! played the 4-1-3-1-1 with arrows and tactics but sadly lost again. Played about 15 games against this fella and lost every single even though my overall quality was as good or better in all formations tried. If I narrowed it to a coinflip for every match played (sometimes less sonetimes more) chances of losing every single would be 0.5^15 or about 1 time out of 20.000 if Im not mistaken. Typing from my mobile so I cant check right now. Bit of a joke and I feel disappointed. What youre doing seems to work tho, looking at the screens in your signature Will try to play a bit like it. If I do it right, maybe the magic will unfold thanks!
    care to share your oppinion on this?:

I used to think that a 6 star ST with very little grey attributes but very high speed, shooting, dribbling, finishing, IS WAY BETTER than a 7 star ST with way less in whites but way more in grey (like defensive attributes). At least when it comes to goal scoribg. Thats what my logic would suggest. However it seems that in game this doesnt seem to matter, the ST with more overall quality will always outperform (not due to better teammates), which i think is a joke... why woukd i train meaningfull attributes then? just develop a youth player with 8-9 stars to begin the season and hes doing great, although he wont even have 200% shooting or finishing but lots of tackling and other unnecessary crap...

what do you think?
    Sorry to hear about that loss again. It seems quite impossible to lose so many matches against the same formation. The only plausible explanation is your opponent has one or a few mutant attackers with very high whites, or a team of mutants with very low greys (eg. All defenders and most midfielders is about 60-80% quality but with close to 0% greys), then performance may be a lot better when it comes against ‘standard’ teams.

The formation suggested is based on a minimum of front-2 with high whites in at least finishing and even better with passing, creativity and shooting. Defenders could be basic ones bought and trained with only one drill mainly ‘Press the play’ to maximise defensive whites, ideally from. 90%+ in week 1 to get close to 130% by week 4. Better mixed with 1 very well- trained DC with whites over 150%+.

With your question, I fully agree that the attackers with high whites would definitely perform better than same-quality attackers with high greys. The other factor would be your opponent’s defenders quality vs your attackers’. Therefore, if his has a greater advantage against yours (compared), then his team may perform better still.

That is also why my AM is a AML/C/R. Not because of looking cool with extra positions, but the flexibility to move across the whole AM field to target the most empty space and/or weakest defender too.

My asso tag: # LV4PFF - AAFC
    Please feel free to check out my team. I do build my team with specific ways of scoring and practically play a different formation every match to target opponent’s formation weakness (where space is easiest to be exploited and overloaded). You probably could understand it with those combinations of whites & SAs of the key attackers and GK.

Both best finishers in AM & ST have finishing of 280% & 240% (The other 2 ML/AML(R)) have finishing of around 200% to compliment, as their main roles are to assist with 200%+ on passing & crossing), so pretty sure white skills on finishing definitely works.
    (AM is a all-rounder of lots of 220%+, so works best whenever he is asked to play)

Important disclaimer: my team is level 4 only with no losses, so no access to negotiations, upselling, tanking or whatever. I build my full teams with training and matches motm alone, as it is very important to not be misunderstood as being a tanker by any stretch of imagination.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-14-2021 at 03:03 PM.

I would go for the 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 with 2 AMC (depending on your personnel). Just make sure to use the room he gives you in central midfield.
    2 MC counter his 1 MC and 1 or 2 AMC are necessary to play into the empty space in front of his defence.

thanks for the feedback guys! Its been a while since I last logged in, kinda forgot aout the thread!