Thread: Counter 4-2-4

Counter 4-2-4

Hi,
    Tomorrow I am facing someone who lines up 4-2-4 - i’ve necer seen it before and looks kind of agressive. Should i be worried? I am a bit stronger.

I guess it is Aml-st-st-amr up in the top, but he lined them up in a straight row. Then mc-mc and dl-dc-dc-dr

I am thinking 4-5-1 straight through the middle? Any other tips or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

It seems like a take on the 4-2-2-2 hexagon. I have used 4-3w-1-2 to counter this, with down arrows on my ML and MR so they help defend the AML and AMR.

Personally, I'd avoid using a DMC as it seems a bit wasted with no AMC, but others may think differently. And since they have no DMC, using an AMC gives you an advantage. 4v4 in the midfield, so it may depend on quality of players. How does their quality compare to yours?

Good luck with your matchup!

Pro
    These kind of aggressive formation is asking for trouble of counters, with 2 MCs covering the whole midfield without wide support at all.

5-1-3-1AM, with via middle, counter on, mixed or short, low press should win very handily with a few counter goals.
    Counter 4-2-4-be05bb4f-3f26-4fd7-bf07-2a5a437fbcdb.png
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Hi, thanks for the tip - my first gut feeling was somewhat more defensive but since i’m the better player this might be it. My defensive players are on par or better than his attackers.

His defense is solid but my midgield and attackers are on par.

I like it - it looks like a good idea. I’ve never played withiut ST before and this down field. I will def try it out

I played 4-1-3-1-1 offensive, middle, short - that was not the right move. I played tie (he was home team / i thought i was but he was) 2-2 - really bad. Now i am second in the league. i tried getting a new DC but i only have 1 token today and although trying for a day i could not get a new DC.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrk View Post
    I played 4-1-3-1-1 offensive, middle, short - that was not the right move. I played tie (he was home team / i thought i was but he was) 2-2 - really bad. Now i am second in the league. i tried getting a new DC but i only have 1 token today and although trying for a day i could not get a new DC.
    A draw with 2 away goals isn’t too bad, even though playing an aggressive counter like 4-1-3-1-1 (4 defenders vs 4 attackers is risky, because there would be lots of occasions where a good long ball would break the backline easily).

Try to always save up to having at least 100T for unexpected bargains in FTs and key position personnel, usually being available in between 10pm to 2am GMT time. More regular T-income is easier from joining associations (gold1 for 50T is realistic, before trying for platinum later with a well-trained team). Also can do surveys and offers with the free token option as well for some quick and easy Ts for immediate use when needed.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Thanks for all your help. I only had 2dc, 1dl and 1dr so i’ll continue my chase

I’ll remember those tips