Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!

How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, but have been playing the game since the end of April and am loving it! I'm in my second season and have spent a lot of time training my players as hard as possible to improve their level

I have come up against a team in the cup who is about +5 points higher than me in terms of team quality. I lost my first leg in the cup 1-0 ,so I was wondering if anyone had any tip or advice on how I could possibly tackle this giant?

A bit gutting as he has clearly spent a lot of money on the game, so was an unlucky draw, but that's the way it goes sometimes, but I want to gout fighting.

Below are some screenshots:

How we stack up side by side...
    How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368816009.716821.jpg

His formation...
    How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368816072.665648.jpg

My formation used ...
    How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368816116.893987.jpg

First leg..
    How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368816151.755397.jpgHow can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368816165.320895.jpg

Would really appreciate any advice on the best tactics to use to beat him in the away leg.

I realise this probably will be difficult, but any ideas welcome

Thanks

Al

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you have wingers?

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Do you have wingers?
    Hi,

I have an AML and AMR, but that is it unfortunately....screenshots f my team below ...

How can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368817339.967796.jpgHow can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368817365.261808.jpgHow can I topple a giant in this cup game? Help please!-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368817377.692461.jpg

I also haven't given any orders, just the defaults.

It appears your right winger is banned for a game. Is he available for the match we're talking about? Also, your other winger is injured so you need to make him fit.

He is countering your AMC so it would be best to attack his wings. 4-4-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-5-1v are all wing based formations.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    He is countering your AMC so it would be best to attack his wings. 4-4-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-5-1v are all wing based formations.
    Yea my wingers are available for the cup game .... So I think I will take your advice and try to make the most of them

Thanks for the quick responses.

Would it be a good idea to instruct my team to counter attack?

Rookie
    you have to go for it.....i would use a 3-5-2v formation,tactics.....down both flanks,hard attacking,hard tackling,mixed passing,press whole pitch,no offside and no counter attack,let me know how u got on,it can be done,i beat a team 2 leagues above me using this tactic...good luck

Rookie
    oh and zonal marking. put red arrows on your dmc, aml, amr and 2 st

Yep, I think I will use that tactic, and like you said, just go for it!

I'll come back later and update you on how I get on

Fingers crossed haha

you need to attack him in flanks but keeping back 4 save
    i may go with
    5-2-2W-1
    or 4-5-1V
    El Pistolero likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast