Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wilson Loo

Thread: How to Play Against 5 in the Back

How to Play Against 5 in the Back

Next four matches are against people that use 5 defenders. -.-

So should I play super aggressive, counter attacks, central passing, what? Using a 4-2-3-1 formation like this: How to Play Against 5 in the Back-current-formation.jpg and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon unless there's an injury or something. And I'm currently third in my league. Not playing against top 5 teams these matches, but I KNOW it's still possible to drop points against them.

Funny. Feels like in FUT where everyone uses 5-2-2-1 formation 'cause they're a bunch of wimps. :/

Apprentice
    do not use hard attacking , use attacking , zonal marking , take off the arrow on dc and put it on DL DR if your opponent does not have wingers . your opponent are using counterattack as their normal attack so they put 5 defenders
    Yinhung likes this.

Apprentice
    In case your opponent uses 5 defs, he wants to play defending game, so assume that both team has equal rating, a hard attacking tactic as seen above is good, with a plus of hard attacking, whole pitch, off side trap, but ya better have 2 Sts

Apprentice
    offside trap is useless . hard attacking will make you vulnerable to counter attack . hard attacking will only be used to (normally) last place in league which conceded more than 100 goal a season

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Loo View Post
    offside trap is useless . hard attacking will make you vulnerable to counter attack . hard attacking will only be used to (normally) last place in league which conceded more than 100 goal a season
    I dont agree with this really, if your opponent plays defending with a 5 flat def lime, you can only break the bus if ya have scout players if ya play normal or attacking mode ( assume that both team are equal). using hard attacking needs some logic actually, it will depends on your opponent, i didnt say using hard attacking in all matches and using hard attacking also require special attacking formation (4-2-3-1 as the topic owner showed was one of the attacking formation that suits hard attacking mode) . If nordeus created a feature named Hard Attacking and offside trap, these will surely make some seneses if we use them in a right way or at least understand how the team behave changing any individual setting in tactic order. You can refer to my team ( under the signature) to see how I define hard attacking and appropriate tactic order
    Last edited by gohannie; 05-22-2013 at 11:34 AM.

in which case i'll probably need to sign a new striker soon.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmsnba13 View Post
    in which case i'll probably need to sign a new striker soon.
    Ì you like formation with 1 lone St, you really should find one with one one one SA