Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Messed up, need to destroy 4-2-3-1. Help needed.

Messed up, need to destroy 4-2-3-1. Help needed.

I messed up big time playing around with different formations ahead of a game, my phone died and I ended up playing my DL as goalkeeper in CL quarterfinal loosing 4-1. So I need good advice beating him good in the return tomorrow.

He is playing:
    ----st----
    aml-amc-amr
    Mc-mc
    dl-dc-dc-dr

Same exact skill-level on our teams, I do have home advantage though.

No one seems to have a good idea yet. My tactic is probably gonna be 4-1-4-1 flat super aggressive, hard tackling, both flanks, zonal marking, red arrows on DL DR MR ML. If anyone has a better idea let me please know.

If he sees that coming, probably with a defensive + counterattack strategy will be able to get your back easily. Be careful with the arrows and mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by FCmonster View Post
    I messed up big time playing around with different formations ahead of a game, my phone died and I ended up playing my DL as goalkeeper in CL quarterfinal loosing 4-1. So I need good advice beating him good in the return tomorrow.

He is playing:
    ----st----
    aml-amc-amr
    Mc-mc
    dl-dc-dc-dr

Same exact skill-level on our teams, I do have home advantage though.
    He has a gaping hole right up the middle so your plan of attack should be obvious. Why would you even think of attacking his flanks? Go up the middle and his DL/DR are effectively useless.

At minimum you want a central DC and a DMC to cover his central attackers. 2 MCs along with the DMC will give you numerical advantage and thus possession advantage at midfield.

That leaves you with 4 players to place, and at least 2 of them must be defenders and at least 2 (maybe the same 2) must be on the flanks. Look at his past games to get a handle on his AML & AMR (and check his MCs as well) but you can probably bet he's playing hard attacking with red arrows on the AMs. If you've got solid defenders, you can get by with 3 DCs and use your remaining two slots at MR/ML with blue arrows to help cover his flankers, or use DML/DMR if you've got them.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

I'm pretty new to this game razz so I don't know the mechanics that good, hence I need help.
    I have pretty good DCs so should I be using this:
    St
    Amc
    ml-mc-mc-mr
    Dmc
    dc-dc-dc

Or switch amc to st?

Or something completely else?

Orders: attack middle, super offense, press own half, zonal marking, short pass, hard tackling

press whole pitch. dont go full attacking.
    A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful

Messed up, need to destroy 4-2-3-1. Help needed.-image.jpgOk, I'll go for that then. Saw now that his current formation is a weird backup with a lot of his weaker players, hopefully he keeps it.
    His current formation is 4-5-1 V but switched one mc to mr (going to counter with 4-1-3w-1-1 if it remains when 10m to kickoff)
    Last edited by FCmonster; 05-25-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Updated with pic

sdw
    Apprentice
    I use this tactic 4-2-3-1 sometimes.I disagree with Raz for that,DL/DR are useless.They are very useful for attacking.With red arrows and attacking from the flanks they dominate with AML/AMC/AMR...My MC's are with blue arrows to fill the holes in the middle pitch.So if this guy is using the same mentality,if you attack him from the middle,he will stop your attack and beat you very bad.I agree with you about 4-5-1 V style.

I really like all of your input guys, it really helps me to understand the tactics better. He has now unfortunately changed his weird 4-5-1 formation to a standard 4-5-1V. Since I have to beat him by at least 3-0 and 4-5-1V doesn't have any real weakness the only idea I have is to exploit where he has weak players. Perhaps 4-2-2w-2 and attack his flanks?? Please come with input as the game is four hours away.

His teamMessed up, need to destroy 4-2-3-1. Help needed.-image.jpg

My team Messed up, need to destroy 4-2-3-1. Help needed.-image.jpg

sdw
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by FCmonster View Post
    I really like all of your input guys, it really helps me to understand the tactics better. He has now unfortunately changed his weird 4-5-1 formation to a standard 4-5-1V. Since I have to beat him by at least 3-0 and 4-5-1V doesn't have any real weakness the only idea I have is to exploit where he has weak players. Perhaps 4-2-2w-2 and attack his flanks?? Please come with input as the game is four hours away.

His teamClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	7081

My team Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	7082
    4-2-2-2 hexagon is not too good against 4-5-1 V style.I usually play with 4-5-1 V style and it's easy for me to win against hexagon.I suggest you to play with 4-3N-1-2.With three MC's and one AMC.There is no logic to counter 4-5-1 V style but when I play with V style formation I see difficult against this formation.Press him in whole pitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast