Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Would appreciate some thoughts on this....

Would appreciate some thoughts on this....

Tomorrow I have a cup game it's 0-0 and i'm at home with a slighty better team.

He plays:

DR-----DC-----DC-----DL

-------MC-----MC------

-------AMC----AMC----

-------ST-----ST------

How should I approch this? In the first game I played 4-1-4-1 both flanks.

sweeper.

What do you need to stop/counter his attack?
    How can you gain a numerical advantage at midfield (DMCs and MCs) so that possession swings in your favor?
    Where is his weakness that you can exploit with your own attacks?
    After taking all that into consideration, is your resulting formation legal?
    Which tactics best fit your resulting formation and counter his tactics?
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Food for thought, Razz. I'm on it!
    Sweeper.

Rookie
    i would try 4-4-2 Classic or 3-4-3

Quote Originally Posted by HaHaSa View Post
    i would try 4-4-2 Classic or 3-4-3
    Trouble with 3-4-3 is I would be short at the back and if he scores they are 'away goals!!!'.
    4-4-2 I match his midfield, where as I want to have more.

sweeper.

Rookie
    or maybe:

--GK--
    DL-DC-DC-DR
    --DMC--
    ML--MC-MR

with red arrows on the Midfiled Wingers. you got defense for his attackers (ST-AMC). you have midfield power with wing support for attacks and your DMC controlls the AMCs befor they act (hopefully)
    -ST-ST-

4-4-2 or 4-5-1 v. Just exploit the flanks.
    FlyingV likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Woods View Post
    4-4-2 or 4-5-1 v. Just exploit the flanks.
    Exactly what I would have said (and maybe some Red arrows on the AMR, AML or MR, ML - optional)

Curious what you decided to use and how you fared.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    What do you need to stop/counter his attack?
    How can you gain a numerical advantage at midfield (DMCs and MCs) so that possession swings in your favor?
    Where is his weakness that you can exploit with your own attacks?
    After taking all that into consideration, is your resulting formation legal?
    Which tactics best fit your resulting formation and counter his tactics?
    I'd used a 3-6-1 V (i.e. 3n-1-2-3w-1) defensive/counter middle with this reasoning:

3 central defenders plus the DMC should stop his attack from the stacked STs and AMCs
    The DMC plus 2 MCs gives a 3:2 advantage (possession advantage) at midfield.
    AMC plus single ST, attacking middle, to exploit the hole in the middle of his defense, 2 flankers to draw off his defenders even more to the outside, feed the ball to the middle, and make it a legal formation.

Defensive tactic because I'm assuming he's using hard attacking/middle based on his formation and typical mindset, plus I usually end up with more shots and more on target shots using defensive /counter.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Curious what you decided to use and how you fared.

I'd used a 3-6-1 V (i.e. 3n-1-2-3w-1) defensive/counter middle with this reasoning:

3 central defenders plus the DMC should stop his attack from the stacked STs and AMCs
    The DMC plus 2 MCs gives a 3:2 advantage (possession advantage) at midfield.
    AMC plus single ST, attacking middle, to exploit the hole in the middle of his defense, 2 flankers to draw off his defenders even more to the outside, feed the ball to the middle, and make it a legal formation.

Defensive tactic because I'm assuming he's using hard attacking/middle based on his formation and typical mindset, plus I usually end up with more shots and more on target shots using defensive /counter.
    RAZZ - I love this information Razz but Question:

You mention "hole in his Defense" I was always under the impression that the two central defenders covered everything in the center, is this not the case?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast