Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By drweed
  • 2 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin
  • 1 Post By kustodian

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Player Faces

Smile Player Faces

Hi everybody,
    How about add some faces to the players?
    I'm sure it's very easy to "Nordeus" make some 'Face generator' that will make about 50,000 different faces.
    For example, the generator can combine between:
    - 4 different face colors (black, white, brown...)
    - 4 types of face type (long, short, average...)
    - 6 types of hair color
    - 10 types of eyes
    - 5 types of brows
    - 10 types of noses
    - 10 types of lips

I am sure it will add a lot of 'flavor' to the game

Think about it,
    Alex
    kustodian and daviddu like this.

It'd be a fun addition, and maybe faces could be suited to their nationality, but also not really an important addition, just adds cosmetic value to the game.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Banned
    There are over 8 million users in TopEleven - that means over 8 million teams - multiply that by 20 players/team and add to that another 100-200 extra players on the market and youth players for each league ( 8mil / 14 teams/league) - I think you get the idea on HOW MANY FACES need to be generated... do you have any solutions for that?
    Last edited by GabeTC; 01-08-2013 at 06:01 AM.

well, who said everybody must have different faces? some faces will be same. but if there is about 50,000 different faces - the chance you will have same face twice at your team is very very low.

few years ago i played 'HATTRICK', it was the biggest online football manager that years. there had that "cosmetic feature", every player had a face. i must say it has been much more realistic and gave lot of boost to the game.

Player Faces-s_hattrick_02.jpg

and again, the generator is very easy to make. you can make even more then 50,000 different faces!

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drweed View Post
    well, who said everybody must have different faces? some faces will be same. but if there is about 50,000 different faces - the chance you will have same face twice at your team is very very low.

few years ago i played 'HATTRICK', it was the biggest online football manager that years. there had that "cosmetic feature", every player had a face. i must say it has been much more realistic and gave lot of boost to the game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s_hattrick_02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	631

and again, the generator is very easy to make. you can make even more then 50,000 different faces!

Oh god, that faces are in joke from HATTRICK, all are ugly, I would quit game next second. But the idea is not bad, the point is, there are other things who should be fixed/added not faces.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

yes there are a bit ugly. it was years ago. it just an example that big game and big bank of players still can have face suited for each.
    and of course there is other things to add/fix. but the face adding is very easy to establish and without any harm to other staff in game. just extra nice addition to make the game more realistic.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drweed View Post
    yes there are a bit ugly. it was years ago. it just an example that big game and big bank of players still can have face suited for each.
    and of course there is other things to add/fix. but the face adding is very easy to establish and without any harm to other staff in game. just extra nice addition to make the game more realistic.
    Don't compare hattrick with TopEleven they less then 300k players (I think) top11 have 8M + free agent players, scouts, etc but the point is they can make something like that ofc, but still other things should be fixed first.

Anyway, I support this idea, it will be nice to see their faces.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Not a bad idea

Moving this topic to suggestions forum.
    drweed likes this.

Caricature faces would be a laugh.
    Using real, I would imagine will infringe media rights, which I suppose could be agreed but at what cost = tokens.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

I quit Hattrick because 1 league game per week wasn't enough, seasons lasted forever and just felt I wouldn't get to the top of that game.

as for face generators, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*