Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Players

Lightbulb Old Players

I don't know if I'm the only one that's upset (I know this is JUST A GAME) but I'm sick of this unrealistic old players. I mean their skills should drop seriously by the time they hit 30yrs old. And no, not just that they develop slower (or none) during trainings and matches, but actually skill numbers should decrease by a whole lot of points as their playing career reaches end. There should be much bigger difference between talented young players with their whole life ahead and slow veterans with their back in pain.As it stands now, oldies are far better (and much cheaper) than talents and that makes me stupid for trying to lower squad average age when I could mass 30+ years olds and skyrocket squad average quality.

I mean, seriously increase young players progression or drop down those old players skills

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    It will make game more realistic but then best players should be around 23-27 (pretty like scouters), yes this idea can be good but even now there are some very old players who are much better then this younger.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    It will make game more realistic but then best players should be around 23-27 (pretty like scouters), yes this idea can be good but even now there are some very old players who are much better then this younger.
    that's what I'm talking about - I buy expensive and talented 20 year old and give him all the training and matches I possibly can and by the time he reaches 23 years he still won't be as good as some veteran.

Bottom of the point - I'm stupid in investing money,time and match experience in this player trying to make him superstar when I could buy dozen veteran superstars for that money who will dominate league...so unrealistic
    Last edited by b3ast; 02-03-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b3ast View Post
    that's what I'm talking about - I buy expensive and talented 20 year old and give him all the training and matches I possibly can and by the time he reaches 23 years he still won't be as good as some veteran.

Bottom of the point - I'm stupid in investing money,time and match experience in this player trying to make him superstar when I could buy dozen veteran superstars for that money who will dominate league...so unrealistic
    Not really, depend because you can get very young and skilled players and use them for more seasons
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Not really, depend because you can get very young and skilled players and use them for more seasons
    I'm only lvl 1 so I'll use this example - I buy 20 year old with 5* for a million (I haven't seen anyone that young and with that quality under 800k) and I can use him for like 3 seasons before he gets useless while I could buy 5* 30 year old for a 150k and he still has 3 years before retirement...it's a win win for oldie...only good thing is that I can get decent amount of money from selling that youngster,but hell I could get 100k for that veteran before he retires

I'm only lvl 1 so I'll use this example - I buy 20 year old with 5* for a million (I haven't seen anyone that young and with that quality under 800k) and I can use him for like 3 seasons before he gets useless while I could buy 5* 30 year old for a 150k and he still has 3 years before retirement...it's a win win for oldie...only good thing is that I can get decent amount of money from selling that youngster,but hell I could get 100k for that veteran before he retires
    Let me tell you something from my own exp. till level 7,8 don't even try to buy young players.... anyway you will change all team next season, at level 1 is useless to buy 20 years old players.... it cost to much when I was your level my team avg. age was 28 years.

Let me tell you something from my own exp. till level 7,8 don't even try to buy young players.... anyway you will change all team next season, at level 1 is useless to buy 20 years old players.... it cost to much when I was your level my team avg. age was 28 years.
    well I didn't know that, thanks...mine is 23.5 lol

well I didn't know that, thanks...mine is 23.5 lol
    Like I said, you are just at the start anyway you are making moneys really hard so instand of giving 600k/1M for 1 player you can buy 4 players same quality but older.

And you can do like that for few seasons till you will start to win some moneys :P from competitions.

I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. When you've just started, you're playing at a very low level. Your 5* young player could be, well, me or any other decent young footballer on a global scale. As you move up the levels, you'll get older players who are much better than the youths you have, Giggs, Zanetti, etc.

Main point, you are at a low level, and there will always be old players from higher levels that you can buy that are as good as your youths, like how veterans always spend their last few years in the lower leagues.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. When you've just started, you're playing at a very low level. Your 5* young player could be, well, me or any other decent young footballer on a global scale. As you move up the levels, you'll get older players who are much better than the youths you have, Giggs, Zanetti, etc.

Main point, you are at a low level, and there will always be old players from higher levels that you can buy that are as good as your youths, like how veterans always spend their last few years in the lower leagues.
    You're right that they can be good in lower leagues but all I'm saying is that their attributes should naturally decline as their age advances. Right now players that are 33yrs old are (slightly) better than when they had 29 years.And that's not very realistic...Take speed for example - 33 year old is faster than he was at age of 25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast