Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Training Specific Skills

Apprentice

Training Specific Skills

A thought occurred to me when training my goalkeeper this afternoon, why can't we train individual skills, like dribbling or handling as examples over other skills? My point is for some positions some skills are useless, take "finishing" and goalkeepers, unless your GK is on free kick duty, well you see my point So my suggestion is to allow the players to manually train into a certain skill to make the player more unique, say a keeper with 6* speed etc! would add a bit of tinkering ability and fun random creations!
    IGOR likes this.
    Competition Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
    League 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 3rd
    Champions League N/A Semi Finals 1st Round of 16 Final
    T11 Cup N/A Qualifiers Playoffs Semi Finals Last 16

Um, you can add skills manually, can't you? Add to defensive skills so there'll be no finishing improved. Ofcourse the game will choose which of 5 defensive skills to improve but a good GK needs all of them.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Apprentice
    Not quite what I meant, I mean training a subset of skills. You are right in the fact I can train defense(I used GK as an example) but I mean can i manually train handling or any other individual skill, instead of a random defensive skill(or whatever set i pick)

Can't understand why'd anyone need that. Think the games picks quite evenly between those 5 skills so no skill is left behind.

1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Can't understand why'd anyone need that. Think the games picks quite evenly between those 5 skills so no skill is left behind.
    Why would I want a Central Defender with 20 speed and 21 strength? Or 18 shooting just to finally get 17 passing?

We would get a better market and more unique team compositions if we could train specific skills.

I've no real feeling on this because I think Nordeus would have strong feelings around the concept of balance.

The only thing I'd add....while we might think it would let us make players unique it would actually allow people to make players the same. (I'd also make the chances of someone making a mistake much greater.)

Players would be clones or Frankenstein's Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Henley View Post
    Why would I want a Central Defender with 20 speed and 21 strength? Or 18 shooting just to finally get 17 passing?

We would get a better market and more unique team compositions if we could train specific skills.
    If you think that DC doesn't need speed and strength then you're just dumb... And to improve let's say passing just add to attacking skills see if it adds to passing if not simply don't save it and add to defense instead, the next day it may add to passing.

1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs

Apprentice
    Well yes, there are pitfalls to any solution really but while there is a "cookie cutter" build for players, having the CHOICE is the main point I am trying to convey

I understand what you mean but there is more protection against cookie cutter builds with the current allocation than with free allocation. Its pretty hard to replicate the same qualities on 2 same role players using the same number of points at the moment - with free allocation it would be easy.

But, I'm really just arguing for the sake of it, so I'll stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    If you think that DC doesn't need speed and strength then you're just dumb... And to improve let's say passing just add to attacking skills see if it adds to passing if not simply don't save it and add to defense instead, the next day it may add to passing.
    My point wasn't that he doesn't need speed and strength. It was that why do they have to be even? Maybe I want 22 speed, 40 strength for a DC, or my wing backs to have good pace so I can use them upfield.

This is discussion, no need to start making ignorant assumptions on someone's gaming skill or intellect level.

The "wait another day" doesn't work. For three days my 19 year old goalie only has options to add a skill point to tackling, dribbling, or strength. Three of the last things I, or anyone, want to boost on a young goalie.

I think you get better markets and more unique team compisition with free training. And if you are worried about "frankensteins" or totally messed up players.....don't buy them. They will fall off the market eventually.

I just think it would be awesome to get an academy player or young transfer, be able to power train him and have the ability to create a specific player. Maybe a striker that has strength + heading dominant traits (along with the basics) or a striker who may be short and you choose to have him play with pace, and dribbling.

Just my 5 cents. I play a hockey game with similarities to this one, and the ability to free train and a diverse market is possible it's best asset.
    David Malone likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast