Thread: Corners and Free kicks

Corners and Free kicks

Hello everybody,

a new season begins and last season i watched almost every game my team had. What i really would like to ask the engine developers: why does every third corner end up with a goal? why does every third free kick lead to a goal? i know that there are factors like heading skills or height. but does that mean that so many goals should be scored that way?

it would be great if the goals after corners and free kicks would be reduced.

i really think that i am not the only one.

greetings
    3rdCP

Addicted
    Most of the time with corners, you know a goal is to be scored when it says 'and it's a corner again'. Great when it's your team but frustrating when it's the opposition.

Apprentice
    goal from corner is so hard to score but goal from free kick 90% score

90% ? Am I missing something here ...
    Free kicks got nerfed from 60-70% sucess to 25-30% sucess now.. been 2-3 seasons that i notice that.
    Even when my 8Stars ST is takeing the free kick, against a 3Stars Goal Keeper.. he would still save 2/3 of them.. or even more.
    Used to be much better ;P

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    90% ? Am I missing something here ...
    Free kicks got nerfed from 60-70% sucess to 25-30% sucess now.. been 2-3 seasons that i notice that.
    Even when my 8Stars ST is takeing the free kick, against a 3Stars Goal Keeper.. he would still save 2/3 of them.. or even more.
    Used to be much better ;P
    Strange because in my matches and the ones of my friends the statistics are totally the opposite to yours.

FKs were nerfed and Corners probably should be and will. (Seems like deflections which result in a goal got a boost recently.) The rate is not as high as you suggest but CK conversion rate is too high for real life comparisons......but its a game so I don't care that much how it compares to real life.

But, more importantly, if most CKs were not converted they'd soon be dropped from commentary as inconsequential. So most of the ones we 'see' would be goals and it wouldn't change the feeling that when a corner makes the commentary there's a good chance there will be a goal. So what would be the point.