Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Promotions

Promotions

I would love to have promotions just for the top 4 teams, getting into the top 7 is too easy.
    We have to try and sell our players and buy new ones every year, which is getting boring.
    Making it harder to get promoted, would make me want to play more and i think more people would stay.
    What's the use of the acadamey if you get a young player at 18 in 2 seasons time he's already lost two stars and not worth keeping
    Fail G likes this.

Have you thought about relegation for the bottom 4?
    One way of getting rid of bot and manager-less teams
    Matteo de Clemente and Fail G like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima BigStar View Post
    Have you thought about relegation for the bottom 4?
    One way of getting rid of bot and manager-less teams
    Making promotions more difficult is an interesting idea!

Regarding relegation at first thought it seems like an excellent idea. However, relegation in top eleven will have a massive tanker problem. There will be people who deliberately get relegated 4 seasons in a row to have several 9 star players, if not an entire 9 star starting lineup.

It's feel strange typing and thinking it, but currently the closest thing their is to relegation in this game is finishing 5th to 7th in the league...
    Ulric Hilroth Jude likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Why replace all the players? I keep players a few seasons at least. (on 35T team, too) Use green packs to train them whenever you can and they can stay more time with you. The older guys need to keep playing in matches to keep up their Q.

Don't feel like every player has to be scout level, it's too hard to maintain, but keeping a 4 star team is not much effort at all. Also consider keeping low star players that perform well, why replace a 3 star if he gets goals/high ratings? Keep him until his form starts to slip.

Promotions-dfc-sts.jpg
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-26-2015 at 04:26 AM. Reason: pic
    Ulric Hilroth Jude likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's fine if they have several 9 star players, but they will be 4 levels down, by the time they get back up the 4 levels the players they have will still be the same or 1/2 stars better from when they went down.

Without relegation the bottom seven teams will always be in that level, whether that team has a manager or not. Teams will always go up and up. So what level do i aim for? No matter how long people play the game for they will always keep going up and up. I want a top level to aim for, to play against other players and to try and stay in that top level

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Making promotions more difficult is an interesting idea!

Regarding relegation at first thought it seems like an excellent idea. However, relegation in top eleven will have a massive tanker problem. There will be people who deliberately get relegated 4 seasons in a row to have several 9 star players, if not an entire 9 star starting lineup.

It's feel strange typing and thinking it, but currently the closest thing their is to relegation in this game is finishing 5th to 7th in the league...
    That's fine if they have several 9 star players, but they will be 4 levels down, by the time they get back up the 4 levels the players they have will still be the same or 1/2 stars better from when they went down.

Without relegation the bottom seven teams will always be in that level, whether that team has a manager or not. Teams will always go up and up. So what level do i aim for? No matter how long people play the game for they will always keep going up and up. I want a top level to aim for, to play against other players and to try and stay in that top level

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    There is no top level, well, in theory, anyway. It isn't the way to measure success in this game, trophies are..

"several" HA some people would have full teams of superstars doing that.. no way no relegation. Finishing below 7 is as close to relegation as this game works. And what about the regular Teams coming up to that level?

The Leagues just aren't structured that way.
    Peter Renn and pcmacdaniel like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    There is no top level, well, in theory, anyway. It isn't the way to measure success in this game, trophies are..

"several" HA some people would have full teams of superstars doing that.. no way no relegation. Finishing below 7 is as close to relegation as this game works. And what about the regular Teams coming up to that level?

The Leagues just aren't structured that way.
    So how do i pit my wits against the best managers out there, if i never get to meet them.
    I want to get to the premier league and prove i'm a better manager than the rest, hahaha

Less both and abandoned teams are in a league,and more difficult promotions will be in that league (even position 7)...

If 7 over 14 teams are illegal,any who has a regular team is sure to be promoted

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima BigStar View Post

Under ideal conditions, I do agree that relegation would be best! The problem when applied to this game is it creates an exploit managers can use to gain a massive advantage in pursuit of both league and champions league first place trophies. I assume its also not a very profitable business model since it'll allow players to create a team for free, that under the current system would cost a few hundred tokens. Under such an environment, what's the incentive to buy tokens?
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-02-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast