Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Youth Academy

Youth Academy

Ive just finished the construction of my youth academy (I'm in level one season one and 3rd in my league)
    It tells me that two players will be ready in 28 days.
    what dose it means??
    I mean which kind of players will I get after 28 days. St Gk DC or something else??

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    They are random as far as I can tell, could be any role.
    Steppenwolf likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VIP
    You will get one token free player, 1-2 stars, slow trainer... and one player 3-4 stars, fast trainer, but that one will cost you 12, 15, 18, 21 or 24 tokens...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yes, that is better answer. Also the first couple youths I got were 2* free and 3* cost 18. But you never know what you'll get as far as roles. I usually get an ST when I'm praying for a GK, but occasionally it's the perfect guy for my squad.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

20 tokens for a player!!!???
    I CAN BUY GOOD PLAYERS FROM THE TRANSFER MARKET USING ONLY 4-5 TOKENS..

I think youth facility is just bull****..why i will use 24 tokens for a singel player dose it makes any scence?

Since there is no suggestion here I'll add 1 (albeit an old one)

Scale up the youth Academy to produce 4-5* token players - at least then they will be (almost) competitive with NordGen youths: balancing high Token Fee for Academy recruits against low Token and high Cash fee on the transfer market.......imo

*hijack complete*

Famous
    Actually, we have little control over young player assignment so you may slowly learn. Generally speaking, zero token young player is usually worth for signing & trading. The other young player will be sacked. However, occasionally I will sign him if my cash balance is very low while tokens are sufficient.

For additional information, usually towards the end of the season, both young players assigned will be higher in quality. But at the same time, the HQ young player will need more tokens to be signed (say over 20). Note that any young player assigned after Day 2 of next season will generally be higher in quality (Provided that your team promoted to new league level. The higher quality just match the new level.). So I will be even less eager to use token to sign young player near the end of the season.

BTW, lower quality young players (tokens required can be as low as 12) assigned earlier in the season has more time to be trained and improve in quality. So, comparing with those assigned later in season, quality difference may not be large.

Some of the zero token young players are not bad in training even though they are not fast trainers. However, as their qualities are always far lower than my team average, I never has intention to keep them for long term.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazi_Redoan View Post
    I think youth facility is just bull****..why i will use 24 tokens for a single player dose it makes any sense?
    I can imagine that initially it feels like a total rip off..... Did for me too.
    Personally I think it will pay off more as you advance the build of the youth training center.
    Having that said, In my opinion it also depends on your strategy as a coach, financially and your goals on short and long term. Therefor many "manager" use it differently and have various resulting outcome.

So I will only explain how I used it, *(in no way , is this "the best" option overall). Its the best way that worked for me.

My goals as manager, was to win as many prizes, and excel in sportive results as well as financial.
    My needs were, 1 set of players that would make my best line-up (A-team), and 1 set of players that I could use to give my A-team rest to prevent injuries/cards, keep them fit,try new formations during friendlies and to line up against, teams which were weaker than my main line up (This was my B-team).

My A-team consisted mostly out of scout players, bought and/or players trained up to that level.
    My B-team consisted mostly out of last season players, and players from the auction that were just not strong enough to make the A-team.

When my youth center started to get more advanced, I started to take the youth players on contract. The free ones , just for trade ( even though for your competition they might seem worthless, for managers from lower divisions its a good buy, young and cheap) Those that required tokens to take in, I would take them in, and they replaced the players I used to buy on auction just to replace my A-players.
    My reasoning was: By training them my-selve , I could form them exactly as I saw fit to fit in my game-style and formation.
    Also by training them hard, and have them play friendlies on regular bases and make playing minutes in competition/cup and league in matches , They improved quite rapidly , also giving them extra skill, made them of more value for the team and later on , when selling more interesting for buyers and simply better than other youth out of sale. Also , as they improve and gain skills, their market value rises.
    I usually sold them after 1 or 2 seasons, depending on their performance and if their position was required. Also to make space for new youth.

One of my best strikers so far, stayed with me for 4 or 5 seasons, became multiple topscorer, and even outperformed many scout players. And still when I sold him I got a very good price (yes it did cost me tokens, then again sometimes bidding wars do too, and you might not even get to buy the player, or you buy him and he proofs worthless)
    For example, players with names like Messi, Ronaldo and other real life football players.............9 out of 10 , just got that name to seem intresting. All my youth got sold for a very good price, some even better than others.

conclusion:
    If you don't want to put in that much effort, than using the free ones for trade is the best call. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to have an youth training center and only partially make use of it.
    Plus when you buy another player instead, you never know what you are buying, you might end up in bidding wars.

Disadvantage of using youth center players :
    - the better youth cost tokens
    - also they require lot of training, and playtime to gain skills/experience (more managing)

Advantages:
    - Fast trainers
    - The better they get, the more of use they become for the team
    - Their price rises as they improve
    - Easy to sell (well trained players might even spark off a bidding war)
    - Less depending on supply on auction
    - You (could) train them exactly to how you wanted/preferred it.
    - easier train them with an special ability (fast trainers)
    - more money will allow you to buy better players or advance your buildings....

hope this is of any help for you, good luck.
    Last edited by PaCe Ros; 03-04-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Famous
    As 35T, poor in both cash & token manager, I only spend 3 tokens in average to successfully buy each player through auction, and never buy players through scout or negotiation. The cost 12 to 24 tokens are very high to me. I only occasionally sign young academy with tokens (about 2 or 3 in history).

If I fully understand youth training facilities on start of the game and have the option not to build these while not affecting upgrade for other useful facilities, I will pick up this option.

However, if I am token buyer or farmer, the situation is different. I will love to use my young academy players in case I often use similar number of tokens on buying other players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast