Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: No Saves In Statistics But GK Got A Rating Of 8 (Improve Rating System)

No Saves In Statistics But GK Got A Rating Of 8 (Improve Rating System)

After a match today, I have noticed that both GK in the same team (GK was substituted) got a rating of 8 despite that there is 0 saves on the statistics. The rating system seems to be inappropriate. A GK cannot just have an 8 just only because he conceded no goals.

A save is when a GK prevents a shot on target being a goal (paraphrased). There are also catches, interceptions etc that don't count as saves.

Neither Saves nor Goals Conceded or Clean Sheets define a GK performance.

Other GKs in the game who had 0 saves and no GA will get a different rating.

PS. Its not the ratings that are bust (although they did seem to give a global boost for a win - like feckin fantasy football! grrr) but the stats which describe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    A save is when a GK prevents a shot on target being a goal (paraphrased). There are also catches, interceptions etc that don't count as saves.

Neither Saves nor Goals Conceded or Clean Sheets define a GK performance.

Other GKs in the game who had 0 saves and no GA will get a different rating.

PS. Its not the ratings that are bust (although they did seem to give a global boost for a win - like feckin fantasy football! grrr) but the stats which describe them.
    A GK performance should be rated mostly based on the number of saves, catches (from corners for example) and mistakes made. Ball distribution can also be considered.

A clean sheet is a team's performance, not an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    After a match today, I have noticed that both GK in the same team (GK was substituted) got a rating of 8 despite that there is 0 saves on the statistics. The rating system seems to be inappropriate. A GK cannot just have an 8 just only because he conceded no goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    A GK performance should be rated mostly based on the number of saves, catches (from corners for example) and mistakes made. Ball distribution can also be considered.
    And my point is you made this post based on the number of saves and his clean sheet.

As you say there is more to a GK performance than saves and clean sheets (and clean sheets being a collective award is what I've been saying for ages >.<)........but you then ignore the possibility that he got the rating because of the other things.

The ratings have been changed and boosted up but you'd be better using an example other than GK because the game gives you almost zero information relevant to a GK's performance to make an assessment of what produced the rating. Ofc the stats are not actually very good for analysing ANY players performance.

Green is up by 0.5 average are more. The same players played in both seasons.

Edit: Here's am old one I wrote that would allow us to assess better a players involvement and get closer to understanding where a rating came from http://forum.topeleven.com/suggestio...yer-stats.html No one was really interested so I didn't flesh it out.

I've posted at length on GK stats/ratings, and bored Gert and Nik far too often with the 'interpretation' of them. >.<
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-29-2015 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added edit
    Cat Harrison likes this.