• 1 Post By Andrew Nifield
  • 1 Post By cookizzz
  • 1 Post By Tactician
  • 1 Post By Tactician

Thread: Suggestions for Cup draw

Apprentice

Suggestions for Cup draw

Hiya,

I would like to suggest a new way to do the draw. If you won't make it random in the same level...which I think is fair.

You can average the quality of all teams throughout the season, or past 2-3 seasons. This means that it's not possible to sell all your reserves on the last day of the season to fix the draw as it would only effect your average negligibly. If people wanted to get lower draws, they would need to keep the quality of their team/subs permanently low - which would make it fairer.
    Nick Lizas likes this.

I thought it's now about your best 14 players? Is there a need to for through such means to draw the cup?

Famous
    I think "Best 14" is the easiest to manipulate team quality at the moment of Cup drawing, while "average the quality of all teams throughout the season, or past 2-3 seasons" is the hardest to manipulate but it is also difficult to implement. Points of view of supporters of 2 sides must be different.

I am neutral to the suggestion. I don't like the design of Cup because it is unfair. But it provide a different challenge to managers.
    Andrew Nifield likes this.

I have already suggested to base the draw on the average quality of team's squad (starting 11) used in the matches of the previous season. So, if a manager wants to trick the draw, he would have to sacrifice a significant number of matches played in the previous season. Moi has said that he will send this suggestion for consideration.

See: http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post399053.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-18-2016 at 05:20 AM.
    Bunzo likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I think "Best 14" is the easiest to manipulate team quality at the moment of Cup drawing, while "average the quality of all teams throughout the season, or past 2-3 seasons" is the hardest to manipulate but it is also difficult to implement. Points of view of supporters of 2 sides must be different.

I am neutral to the suggestion. I don't like the design of Cup because it is unfair. But it provide a different challenge to managers.
    It is unfair in the way that higher level teams have access to higher quality players and thus the managers can significantly strengthen their teams, but what makes it more unfair are those users that trick the Cup draw by significantly reducing the quality of their squad by keeping 1-star players. Such users are those that have the intention of boosting their quality once the Cup draw is done. A system can be designed and implemented to detect such things, for example, to detect if any 2 or more players in the squad are in the lower extremities of quality as compared to the average quality of the first 5-8 players. Then, such extremely low quality players, if ever present, can be neglected for the average quality count for the Cup draw.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-18-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

It is some of the users of the game itself that make this game more unfair. They trick draws, tank, complete more offers than they should, use several accounts to boost possession, create several accounts to earn tokens from them as referrals, and so on. The more users that do such things, the more the amount of 'honest' users that will be penalised. Such users should become victims of their own 'bad' doings for several times; then they will know how much they have affected other users with their so-called strategies. And even then, some people will never change, as if it is in their 'blood' to use bad or unfair means. The same applies for real-life situations.

Some users of this game have been trying to win a competition for many seasons with their limited resources, while some 'dishonest' users have been winning a lot of competitions (doubles or trebles) every season or two. In some way, the way the Cup draw is done allows limited resource users to have a chance of winning something, but with the 'dishonest', draw-fooling users around doing their 'thing' every season, they won't have this chance.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-18-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Andrew Nifield likes this.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Apprentice
    I really don't see why this would be difficult to implement. The game can just do the strength of the played 11 (% in each season) every season, and just average the numbers on draw.

Being able to buy 7-8 star players (compared to myself for example) from the xfer market makes it easy for them to win.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    I thought it's now about your best 14 players? Is there a need to for through such means to draw the cup?

People sell their players at the end of the season and leave in 1-2 star players to manipulate the draw. Then get in a draw lower than they should.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    I really don't see why this would be difficult to implement. The game can just do the strength of the played 11 (% in each season) every season, and just average the numbers on draw.

Being able to buy 7-8 star players (compared to myself for example) from the xfer market makes it easy for them to win.
    This requires system changes. Average qualities of players are required to be calculated and kept.

Using any kind of historical average qualities as reference for Cup Draw should be fair. It has already been suggested for a long time. Nordeus seems lacking initiative to do this, if this has been considered. I played this game for too long and has already accepted the reality of Cup.