Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Give players (managers) a chance for a break

Rookie

Give players (managers) a chance for a break

If one wants to succeed in this game, one has to take care about ones team on a more or less daily basis.
    For a month, two, three, even four that's OK, but after a while...
    Now the second thing is, that, if you want to succeed in this game, you need to invest (token=money).

Now if you, a manager of a good level 7/8/9 or higher, decide to make a break, leave the team for a month or two, you basically have to accept, that you looses major investments. Returning after two month will mean, that your team is overaged, propably not playing in the CL, maybe even has not made it to the next level.

Who - under that conditions - will come back and start to invest again lots of token to get his team compatitive again.

SUGGESTION: Give players to chance to pause.

This could work like this:

After 3 month consecutive playing, the manager get's the chance to freeze his team for a month.
    Freezing a team has to be announced lastest on the last day of the season (or a day before if necessary).
    Freezing is not free. Freezing cost a certain amount per season (e.g. 28 token).

Freezing means, that players age and capabilities remain unchanged for 1 season.
    After returning, which the player has to announce on the last day of the season before (or a day earlier if necessary)
    his team will be the same as before and will be placed in the league where it would have got to without freezing.

At the end of the frozen season the player has the chance to freeze the team again by paying the mentioned amount. (freezing is possible max. e.g. 3 times in a row).
    After lastest 3 month break the manager has to play again for at least 2 or 3 consecutive monthes before he is allowed to freeze again.
    If the manager does not return after the 3rd frozen season, the team starts to play unmanaged (as it does now).

The advantage of such a possibility would be, that a lot of players would remain with the game for a much longer time as they are doing now.
    As the managers have to pay for getting their team frozen, they certainly, at least in most cases, will be back for some seasons.

A possibility like that would make sense to all -
    Nordeus gets some token for freezing and does not loose a lot of players
    players who have the chance to get the break they deserve after monthes of intensive play.

I like this idea, especially as the holiday season (in Europe), is approaching. Myself for instance, I know that in four months time, I will have to abandone my team for two weeks while away on vacation. It would be nice if I could "freeze" my team during that break.
    guido likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Sounds good to me, I have been playing for over a year and lets be fair the game is getting to me at the moment, Freezing isnt possible and I have to play a competitive fixture at least once a day, meaning that you never get a rest from the game, you have to play every day to keep your team in good shape and to get the maximum out of training for all your players. It takes a lot of work maintaining your team, You can technically take a break from the game by just setting up an illegal formation for a whole season so your team most likely lose most games and fail to promote a season, of course you would still have the same quality and star ratings of your players but the downside obviously is your CL participation, I play in the CL every season and have qualified every season and because I'm in the CL I can't really lay the game down because I want to do well in the CL. If I wanted to take a break, It would only seem beneficial to me to do it on a season after I havent qualified for the CL and have less games to play in the following season. Of course your players age a year.
    guido and Yinhung like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

The games becomes demanding the moment you step into the power-player realm. Normal players will log 2-3 times a day for 5 mins at max. Once to prepare for match, once to set up transfers and training, last one if they play 2 matches a day. I myself have a second account in league 2 which i log just once a day to assign skill points and prepare the field for next match. No token farming there, no power leveling, nothing at all. Yet, with logging once a day i can easily be 1st with a mediocre team after all, qualified in CL group, passed even the cup qualifiers and about to win the leg too.

This game ain't demanding at all. It's the way players decide to play it making it so. If it's too much, instead of freezing, just slow down. It isn't written anywhere that to make a season your quality should be over 10-15 points the opponents, as it isn't written anywhere that you can't miss a match, lose a game, get out of a competition or don't make no.1 for a month.

On the tecnical side, what you justly describe as easy, would be a programmer's pain in the ass. You would have to reorganize the whole server, every server, to take out teams deciding to freeze, resulting in seasons with less than 14 teams in the league, resulting in having to manually (you can't script it as it varies on how many players in which one server freezes team) promote/demote teams to balance it out, resulting in going to either favour or penalize other players who shouldn't be involved in your pace or will to play or not.

I play online since 2001 and never once i heard or seen about preserving your goodies intact while being away. In every game so far quitting for X days or months means having to catch up later. While in a mmorpg you have to skip sleep to do so (powerleveling back, questing, dungeons, and so on) and kill your brain to requip up to the current best in game, in top eleven all you needa do is buy few tokens, rebuild a competitive team with scouts/markets, and after one season you're back to the point.

As you have to do it for whole seasons, freezing must be for a number of days which is a multiple of 28, though, right? That's a downside as it's not flexible, like in Raykco's case where he'll only be away for a couple of weeks.

Like Morgan says, it would be hard to program with an uneven number of teams in the higher levels as well.
    Last edited by Potemy; 03-19-2013 at 01:12 AM.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Rookie
    Well Morgan, I understand your point and maybe I am too old... because I can remember the times, where I simply uninstalled a Game that I've been tired off and that I bought some month before and later, when I wanted to play it again, simply took the CD/DVD and reinstalled it. Period.
    Here we are talking of practically buying the game a second time (by buying "a few" token).

Second, you are talking about league/level 2... I am playing in 8... believe me, there is a difference!

@ Potemy
    Well, to have to pause for a whole season (28 days period) is not such a downside in my view.
    You know, some people have to work and have a private life too. So I am sure, that some wifes would really apreciate, if their husbands have a noninteruptable break from this game...
    And waiting for the restart is also a good thing. Makes you hungry to play again.

Now the third point:
    Such a system would avoid, that some good players simply leave after a while and never come back.
    It just happens to me, that I am back in one league together with a team that I've been fighting 2 levels before. It was an amazing fight. The opponent manager was there every match and we really had to think about tactics and possibilities how to propably win.
    Both teams where strong ones. We both have invested.
    Now, two seasons later, his team is still comparative strong, but it hasnt been developed further. Today we had the match... he was not there and my win was so easy... it was a shame.

Now to the progamming issue:
    Nordeus claims, that there are 5 million people playing that game. Well, I dont want to question the number....
    But even if there are only 500000 people that are playing the game, you have about 1500 Leagues per level (assuming 25 levels).
    I am playing that game now since september and I only met 2 teams again in my league, all other teams changed.
    So where should be the problem to take 1500 x 7 players deduct, say 1000, that want a break, add 500 returning players and divide all of them over different leagues?
    I mean, that is certainly nothing to be done in a day, different server will make it additionally a bit more complicated, but dont tell me that's sooooo complicated that it cannot be done... it simply isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Well Morgan, I understand your point and maybe I am too old... because I can remember the times, where I simply uninstalled a Game that I've been tired off and that I bought some month before and later, when I wanted to play it again, simply took the CD/DVD and reinstalled it. Period.
    Here we are talking of practically buying the game a second time (by buying "a few" token).

Second, you are talking about league/level 2... I am playing in 8... believe me, there is a difference!

@ Potemy
    Well, to have to pause for a whole season (28 days period) is not such a downside in my view.
    You know, some people have to work and have a private life too. So I am sure, that some wifes would really apreciate, if their husbands have a noninteruptable break from this game...
    And waiting for the restart is also a good thing. Makes you hungry to play again.

Now the third point:
    Such a system would avoid, that some good players simply leave after a while and never come back.
    It just happens to me, that I am back in one league together with a team that I've been fighting 2 levels before. It was an amazing fight. The opponent manager was there every match and we really had to think about tactics and possibilities how to propably win.
    Both teams where strong ones. We both have invested.
    Now, two seasons later, his team is still comparative strong, but it hasnt been developed further. Today we had the match... he was not there and my win was so easy... it was a shame.

Now to the progamming issue:
    Nordeus claims, that there are 5 million people playing that game. Well, I dont want to question the number....
    But even if there are only 500000 people that are playing the game, you have about 1500 Leagues per level (assuming 25 levels).
    I am playing that game now since september and I only met 2 teams again in my league, all other teams changed.
    So where should be the problem to take 1500 x 7 players deduct, say 1000, that want a break, add 500 returning players and divide all of them over different leagues?
    I mean, that is certainly nothing to be done in a day, different server will make it additionally a bit more complicated, but dont tell me that's sooooo complicated that it cannot be done... it simply isnt.
    I'm 30 yo. I was used to but we're talking about online games, not the old consoles or pc games. Th example you provide is odd since once you paid for a fixed product you could use at your wish. There weren't expansion, updates, changes, real time things. It was just you playing, and os what you wanted to do with the game once bought was totally up yo you.

To match what you ask here, once all you needed to do was save your game and load it later. Even if you unistalled the game, the save would still exist. Point is: why you pay to play online? Because simply the game isn't static anymore, hence it's more fun to play overall.
    On the other side, it is also more competitive. And if you wanna be competitive, you have to play it. I work and leave with my gf/wife, but i can say it's easy for me to find 10/20 mins a day to log on top eleven and play. That ofc stands for normal play. If you like to spend hours staring costantly at market, doing statistic, studying counters that's up to you, but it's still due to you that the game, as i said, becomes demanding.

Freezing isn't even an option. Either play normally, don't play, or be a nerdy (joking, ofc.). It's a football simulation ain't it? Do you think if a team would stop for a year playing that its players would just sit idly? Being true, i could even go for what you proposed but your players would have to be set for sale for the whole year. Cause if you spent tokens and stole that good player from someone challenging you and then you freeze him not playing, it'd be silly. You might have the right to leave but not the right to find back just goodies when and if you return.

Rookie
    Morgan,

I do agree with you in terms that a pc game is not to be compared with an online game. Online games have running costs that need to be covered. Out of question.

Regarding the 10 to 20 min a day... well, yes, basically not such a big problem. But it is a certain problem to be forced to ajust your day with "appointments" you have to have with your team. Not always easy.
    AND you have to keep the game in your mind. A fact that sometimes can disturb some of your other activities (disregarding if business or private).

I do not agree with you on the point, where you say:

"Being true, i could even go for what you proposed but your players would have to be set for sale for the whole year. Cause if you spent tokens and stole that good player from someone challenging you and then you freeze him not playing,"

The scout players are - believe it or not - computer generated. My scout offered me shortly a player and claimed he is sold by MY Team. (Unnecessary to say, that I didnt know about it and even didnt own the player).
    So you cannot talk about " I steal" a player that another team would have been able to buy and then freeze him.

That is only possible in case of players you buy on auctions. But - as you will see - in higher levels you do not find many players at auctions anymore. You change to players you buy from your scout. So you are not freezing actual available players, other gamer could use (or only in some very few cases which would not affect the game in total).

You end your post with "You might have the right to leave but not the right to find back just goodies when and if you return."
    Off course I have the right to leave! Whenever I want!
    My idea is, to make a players return after a break easier and more propable. This would help the player AND Nordeus.

And I dont think it should be too easy for a player to freeze. That's why I suggested certain terms/conditions like
    - minimum number of consecutive seasons played before you can freeze
    - maximim number of consecutive seasons that can be frozen (before the team - automatically - restarts to play without manager).
    - fee in token for freezing
    So a player really should habe to plan such a break.

BUT:
    Morgan, now I do understand your philosophy better and I accept your sight on the matter, even though I still do not share it.
    So I have to accept that my idea is not uncontradicted. Never the less I keep my opinion as you will keep yours.
    So let's see what the majority thinks about it and - most important - how Nordeus thinks about it.

All the best and thank you for your input.

Guido
    Last edited by guido; 03-20-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Morgan,

I do agree with you in terms that a pc game is not to be compared with an online game. Online games have running costs that need to be covered. Out of question.

Regarding the 10 to 20 min a day... well, yes, basically not such a big problem. But it is a certain problem to be forced to ajust your day with "appointments" you have to have with your team. Not always easy.
    AND you have to keep the game in your mind. A fact that sometimes can disturb some of your other activities (disregarding if business or private).

I do not agree with you on the point, where you say:

"Being true, i could even go for what you proposed but your players would have to be set for sale for the whole year. Cause if you spent tokens and stole that good player from someone challenging you and then you freeze him not playing,"

The scout players are - believe it or not - computer generated. My scout offered me shortly a player and claimed he is sold by MY Team. (Unnecessary to say, that I didnt know about it and even didnt own the player).
    So you cannot talk about " I steal" a player that another team would have been able to buy and then freeze him.

That is only possible in case of players you buy on auctions. But - as you will see - in higher levels you do not find many players at auctions anymore. You change to players you buy from your scout. So you are not freezing actual available players, other gamer could use (or only in some very few cases which would not affect the game in total).

You end your post with "You might have the right to leave but not the right to find back just goodies when and if you return."
    Off course I have the right to leave! Whenever I want!
    My idea is, to make a players return after a break easier and more propable. This would help the player AND Nordeus.

And I dont think it should be too easy for a player to freeze. That's why I suggested certain terms/conditions like
    - minimum number of consecutive seasons played before you can freeze
    - maximim number of consecutive seasons that can be frozen (before the team - automatically - restarts to play without manager).
    - fee in token for freezing
    So a player really should habe to plan such a break.

BUT:
    Morgan, now I do understand your philosophy better and I accept your sight on the matter, even though I still do not share it.
    So I have to accept that my idea is not uncontradicted. Never the less I keep my opinion as you will keep yours.
    So let's see what the majority thinks about it and - most important - how Nordeus thinks about it.

All the best and thank you for your input.

Guido
    I do agree with some points but partially. As example, lemme propose you this:

I start a new season, fortifying my team as better as i can with a couple of scout and managing to get in some good transfers. New season starts out : cup is harsh, cl is affordable but i find 2 scout heavy buyers in league with all 8* and 7*. So uhm, what should i do? Oh, i can freeze one season so i will keep my good players without failing vs p2p teams. Repeat it at your ease.

Your idea is, indeed rather good for who might need to have a break, i don't question it. But as you can see, there are lots of ways to use it "underway" to gain advantage over things. I could quit for 2 seasons massing up tokens so in the second month i could buy another 4 scouts and play the season with 8 instead than 4, without losing 1 year age of the ones i took earlier.

it is possible to solve it. the problem you guys are now talking about is that there will become a uneven number of players so there can't be 14 teams per leaque. but i think the programmers already solved with the restted teams.
    because a players team reset after 70 inactive days they don't promote to the next leaque or stay in the same leaque (depends on the ranking).

i like this plan and i think the programmers can solve this. now it's hoping nordeus will take a look at the suggestions
    guido and Yinhung like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast