Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Van Banana

Thread: Disadvantage of playing "away" first

Disadvantage of playing "away" first

Hello,

i have noticed relatively important disadvantage which cost me qf in champions league, and i believe it should be changed cause it is unfair.

Game 1 = Team A 2:2 Team B
    Game 2 = Team B 2:2 Team A (3:3) extra time

Team A wins cause of 1 more away goal.
    The problem is, team A had extra time to score away goal.
    Solution should be simple, dont count goals from extra time as home/away goal.

Tldr; doesnt matter, matches are solved at beginning anyway, its just a theoretical disadvantage irl.

Thanks for reading.

It's how it is in real life. The counter argument is that while your opponents away goals are more valuable, you're playing at home infront of your crowd.
    The_Savage_1 likes this.

Rookie
    As said above.

It's exactly the same rule as in real football. I am in many football groups and lots of people complain about that and say it's not fair. If FIFA changes global football rules, it'll be updated here in top eleven as well.

To be honest, it shouldn't have a big influence on your final result. When you lose a goal in for example 100th minute, then you substitute defender with forward, play ultra offensive, and so on... You can minimize negative affect of "away goal rule" in extra time.

Personally, I love it when I play my first game away, because it's much better to have a possession bonus in revenge, because actually only revenge matters. On the other hand, revenge matches are much more stressful, so it's easier to win first leg rather than second leg, especially when your mentality isn't very hard. Personal mentality and intelligence is one of the most important keys to win.

Summarizing: plan tour tactics well, and if you are prepared, you can make it before extra time, so you don't have stressful moments like that that.