Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blast

Thread: Leagues and Time Zones

Leagues and Time Zones

Why are the leagues not based on normal league protocol? The same system used through out the world's FA's.
    Surely all leagues would be better if league stayed the same with players moving up (or down) the various leagues.
    Plus leagues would be better if all players were time zoned, i.e. Leagues were for particular time zones (suggest a span of 1 hr either way of mid point)
    For example: I am in GMT time zone so that would mean including Teams from time zones GMT+1, GMT, GMT-1
    Effectively this would create European, East European, .....American, Australian leagues.
    Then at end of season there could be a championship for winners of leagues v other time zones for a world champion.
    Same with association leagues.
    Plus at start of season all teams on ZERO points...end of season top 5 go up bottom 5 go down..those in the middle stay in same league with same managers.
    This would be more in keeping with actual FA leagues, rather than just going up another league to league 43 or some such which has no real meaning, unlike being in the Premier League, Serie A or Division 1.....
    Start at Division 20 if you must and work up to Division 1...
    If your inactive and drop out of bottom league....fine go to a holding area for when you become active again...if ever.
    It would save server space, allow more organised server allocation with times more conducive to you as a manager.
    Plus saying your in league 1 or Premiere league would carry status, unlike at the moment what ever level your in just indicates how long you've been playing.

This would also allow for easier player transfers and player purchases
    With players allowed to develope without dropping 20% automatically, this means some teams could get acadamies (maybe top 10 leagues) and have a 2nd youth team/league.

What's everyones thoughts on this?
    Dustcloud likes this.

Addicted
    i think we dont need time zones yet.
    but it would be better to drop a division when bottom 3(?)i agree.
    this way we can stop tankers and observed teams.maybe if a team drops reduce 5 to 10% quality?
    no more youth academy maybe improve this one.

Maybe you can have 1 time change without a token before you must pay tokens?

And doesn’t this game try to give people from same countries for leagues
    Ultimate Club
    Season 8 - Level 6 League, Level 6 Cup

Let's fight to make Top Eleven better!

You play against a variety of different associations from all over the world.
    Also in Leagues there are teams from different time zones who rearrange games to awkward times to gain an advantage.
    I've had games rearranged on me to 5am in the morning when of course I'll be asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Doors FC View Post
    i think we dont need time zones yet.
    but it would be better to drop a division when bottom 3(?)i agree.
    this way we can stop tankers and observed teams.maybe if a team drops reduce 5 to 10% quality?
    no more youth academy maybe improve this one.
    With time zoned leagues, you can then institute proper European / world cups - top 5 teams from a time zone go through to a European / world tournament.
    Leagues from same time zone could then hold proper cup games....
    I think time zones could help immensely....?

Quote Originally Posted by Blast View Post
    You play against a variety of different associations from all over the world.
    Also in Leagues there are teams from different time zones who rearrange games to awkward times to gain an advantage.
    I've had games rearranged on me to 5am in the morning when of course I'll be asleep.
    I am near the east coast of Australia but most of my League/CL/Cup opponents are from Turkey and Russia with maybe a couple from Asia. My Asso games are again mainly against Turkish and Russian teams. Game times for away games are just not watchable for me but thats the way it goes. Time zones might help for League/CL/Cup matches but Asso is a different thing. My Asso has 2 Australian of Finnish decent living in Australia and 2 players from Finland and 1 from Norway so I dont know how a time zone could be used.

Interesting John, yes I see your point with associations.
    The idea was so that each 'zone' would enable more players online at the time of your matches, with matches being played at certain resonable times, but with assoc having managers from different time zones would require different approach.

My assoc has players from UK so we are online about the same time, but I access the site anywhere between 6am and 2am (20 hour spread) but would appreciate games to be played at certain resonable times (not when I'm sleeping)