Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ludo_Mansio

Thread: Start again with a new club

Lightbulb Start again with a new club

I know this isn't a new idea and I think it's something you used to be able to do? But I think managers should have the option of starting again with a new club.

My original team is now level 23 and I have a second team at level 10. I enjoy managing the level 10 team a lot more than the level 23 team and that seems to be a problem with the way the game is set up. Once you're up to level 20 it gets a lot harder to find the players you want (and it really doesn't need to be any harder) as it becomes impossible to tell how quickly a player will develop based on the player value. So I can buy assistant recommendations or scout players, both at a very high token cost, or I can take my chances on the auction and hope for the best. What I end up doing is not really buying many players and gradually my team gets worse. Like others, I'm at the point where I think the only way to get some enjoyment out of the game is to reduce my team quality and play most seasons between 80-100%.

On the other hand, with my level 10 team I can go on the auctions and using player value and the stats tab I can find the players I'm willing to bid for (if I wait long enough!) and if/when I get them I can be sure that they will develop well. Along with a bank balance that isn't in the billions and continuing to develop the ground and improve training, it's just a more enjoyable game.

So, I think Nordeus could do a couple of things. Either they could modify the game so that it was still possible to identify top quality young players (fast trainers) at higher levels, or they could allow managers to restart with a new team. My preference would be to start with a new team. To do that maybe experienced managers would have to start at level 5 (to give new players some space to learn) and there would have to be a cap on the resources you took with you, say max of 200 of each (tokens, packs etc).

I know I could just keep starting new games, but I don't think that helps anyone, and doesn't allow me to connect with Facebook friends.

I think this would help players to extend the time they play the game.
    maloukees and nikolgiorgos like this.

Yes, it becomes harder to identify fast trainers as you go up the levels after some point. There are more risks of being dissappointed after having a bought a player and done some training sessions. A user is likely to waste more tokens like this. The daily recommended player, even if 18 years of age, seems to be a medium trainer. The only less risky one is the 19 year old weekly recommended player, but as said, you get only 1 per week and it might not be a 19 y.o too but a 21 y.o which is less desirable. But, I do not think starting with a club in the lower levels is among the best idea. They can improve other areas such as the daily recommended player, and even better, they can provide a feature to filter and sort the auction list like the one in the past (positions, age, quality... something like this) but with the addition of a training progress speed in the available options too.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    I know this isn't a new idea and I think it's something you used to be able to do? But I think managers should have the option of starting again with a new club.

My original team is now level 23 and I have a second team at level 10. I enjoy managing the level 10 team a lot more than the level 23 team and that seems to be a problem with the way the game is set up. Once you're up to level 20 it gets a lot harder to find the players you want (and it really doesn't need to be any harder) as it becomes impossible to tell how quickly a player will develop based on the player value. So I can buy assistant recommendations or scout players, both at a very high token cost, or I can take my chances on the auction and hope for the best. What I end up doing is not really buying many players and gradually my team gets worse. Like others, I'm at the point where I think the only way to get some enjoyment out of the game is to reduce my team quality and play most seasons between 80-100%.

On the other hand, with my level 10 team I can go on the auctions and using player value and the stats tab I can find the players I'm willing to bid for (if I wait long enough!) and if/when I get them I can be sure that they will develop well. Along with a bank balance that isn't in the billions and continuing to develop the ground and improve training, it's just a more enjoyable game.

So, I think Nordeus could do a couple of things. Either they could modify the game so that it was still possible to identify top quality young players (fast trainers) at higher levels, or they could allow managers to restart with a new team. My preference would be to start with a new team. To do that maybe experienced managers would have to start at level 5 (to give new players some space to learn) and there would have to be a cap on the resources you took with you, say max of 200 of each (tokens, packs etc).

I know I could just keep starting new games, but I don't think that helps anyone, and doesn't allow me to connect with Facebook friends.

I think this would help players to extend the time they play the game.
    Yes totally agree, but start at level 5 so you can join a FA directly instead waiting for 4 month