Thread: Solution for tankers

Lightbulb Solution for tankers

After a while I returned to the game and find it quite changed. Mostly good change, but also some very annoying. And most annoying things for me are tankers - players who build up their team strength by intentionally staying on same level. They are deliberately loosing League matches but playing Cup and Champion League with full strength. After a while they are overrated for they level, and can take tournament trophies easily. Also, they can mess up positions of leading players in league by selectively playing against them while they are fighting for first place with other active players.

I believe that anyone should play as he wish, but this is football manager game, not "get most greens and steal lower leagues trophy".

I am not sure what measures Nordeus has already taken against them. I know they can move them up one level if they want, but, from my experience it is not always the case.

My solution would be that every team that manage to Champion League or Cup finals should be promoted to higher level next season, no matter if it is on bottom of league. This could also be reward for those who find themselves in strong league, and although they are good and manage to play finals, they somehow finish under 8th place. But most important it will not enable tanker to play same level Champion League twice.

Also sorry if I started older topic, I couldn't find it on forum or I lack information, and games algorithm already have this in mind.
    Last edited by Sanvej; 07-09-2020 at 11:23 AM.

No, a better solution would be that EVERYONE loses a star every season, regardless of whether they are promoted or not.
    That would be the best solution.

That would be a lot of change and it would be to far from current rules of game. Promoting best 8 have a lot of sense, and promoting those who are capable of wining CL or Cup, but not Leagues top 8 would also follow that logic.
    Last edited by Sanvej; 07-09-2020 at 11:23 AM.