Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: King of Kings. Does anybody really play?

Apprentice

King of Kings. Does anybody really play?

Only one person has played besides me, and he played one game. Does anybody really play and if they don’t play, do the even train their players? And if they don’t train and don’t play , how do they keep from getting beat 20-0 or why do they only lose to 0-3 when they are a 80 against 183? I have repeatedly asked Nordeus and I again and again get an answer that the developers will look into it. I am a persistent person, and as far as I can tell the developers are still looking into it. They have been doing this for a very long time.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by texhorn60 View Post
    Only one person has played besides me, and he played one game. Does anybody really play and if they don’t play, do the even train their players? And if they don’t train and don’t play , how do they keep from getting beat 20-0 or why do they only lose to 0-3 when they are a 80 against 183? I have repeatedly asked Nordeus and I again and again get an answer that the developers will look into it. I am a persistent person, and as far as I can tell the developers are still looking into it. They have been doing this for a very long time.
    It is just the matter of luck of your draw in first stage. Final stage is always extremely competitive, especially when KoK involves 3 stages.

For checking out on the new referral rewards feature, I have created 3 new level-1 freeloader clubs (88%, 81% & 71% at time of draw - the best 88% started on day 1 with more luck in auctions, while the other 2 started on day 5 with 71% one having no luck in getting the FT attacker yet then), on top of my current level-4 main account.

Level-4 main account with team of 119%. Drawn with 2 other 115-120% teams, 3 of 100%-106% and the rest of 90%-100%.
    Competition is very fierce, with first day’s score from 9 down to 4 without any gap - which means everyone tried their best.
    And yes, my team tops it with max points. Successfully defended against all challenges by similar quality opponents, which means the setup is good for those 2.
    2nd team wasted 4T in losing 3 times in a row before end time.
    King of Kings. Does anybody really play?-1-e89760-639-e-44-a6-ad40-cce3-e0-e2-b393.jpg

Level-1 88% team. Very tough draw with teams of 123%, 116%, 108% & 106%, with 3x 90%+ and the rest of 80%-90%.
    Top 123% team is expected. Managed to win with 88% against 108% (3rd) and also successfully defend him again with a perfect counter with very limited choice of players.
    Still got 2nd for both days despite having a 20% disadvantage - this is the worst possible disadvantage an inferior team could have a consistent chance of winning.
    King of Kings. Does anybody really play?-2-acbc9-f4-312-c-4544-8902-3-e84593-db1-a6.jpg

Level-1 80% team. Also very difficult draw with 3 teams of around 100% and another 3 of 90%, with the rest around quality of my team.
    Thankfully this draw’s managers are only semi-active, with 2nd team of 90% having at least challenged me 5 times but all failed.
    Easy top place winnings.
    King of Kings. Does anybody really play?-dce2-a29-b-d35-d-4-c5-d-966-c-e4970-fcc7169.jpg

Level-1 70% team. Hard draw with 3 teams of 85%-90%, with the rest mainly around 75%-80%.
    Only this time that it is nearly full of totally inactive teams. Probably 70% quality implies those managers aren’t actively managing teams anyway.
    When being active = win.
    King of Kings. Does anybody really play?-267901-dd-8-fd1-453-ade6-913559-abaf83.jpg

Obviously there are so many draws out there, though draw of quality of opponents in the first round would kind of imply how active your opponents would be, and usually the higher they are, the more active they would be. And that would make sense too as it costs more T to maintain a higher level team (tankers would disappear if they are disqualified from winning events).

Rather than worrying about what we can’t change, ie. some odd results here and there, we could train our team to be strong yet versatile enough to beat all.
    Sillybq likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

@texhorn
    Look on the bright side. More rest so you have more energy for the later stages.

@HeavensAAA
    You really did create multiple accounts. LOL.
    Well done btw.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Dreamer
    worst event IMO too much grinding. and i always wonder how ppl do so much grinding in multiple accounts lol

Kinda perfect for some in Asia. Lots of holidays for Chinese New year. And with so many visitation restrictions in my country that we have so much free time.

But I agree with you MI. It is one of the least rewarding events for effort required. I wouldn't even bother if I realise i ain't top 3 in quality and and my opponents are active.
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 02-09-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    hudai likes this.

Pro
    @Sillybq

Haha! Yes, just too curious on the referral rewards, and also want to test out if my formation strategies actually works (main account team has very well-trained players, so cannot tell if it’s the team of players win the matches with good strategy, or just good players could still win despite the strategies).

And there is no better testing setting than KoK where a level-1 freeloader team has no scout, barely enough greens & money to buy and powertrain 1 FT, all players play to their minimum potential without reduction of greys via promotions yet, and it’s the most competitive setting where the drawn opponents actually would try their best to beat us unlike friendlies.

Main account could have a chance to win it without drawing 140%+ teams.
    Those other 3 starters should have no chance in any of the finals. Will be quite criminal if any snatches top-3 spot.

@hudai

Say we have our phone and IPad. Log on both devices with Guest IDs. Start both matches together. Finished both in 10 mins max with pre-match setup.

Then log off and in via Apple ID & Facebook. Do the same with another 10 mins.

20 mins per 2 hours on 2 devices is the most I would be prepared to do. Anything more is way too consuming when the grinding itself is so tiring and boring. Personally I like the tour tournament with both PvE & PvP with 3 free attempts earlier - a lot more fun.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Dreamer
    @HeavensAAA

Nah all good man if you can manage it, good for you. I know managers who handles 10+ accounts, and it always fascinates me how they do it lol while im struggling with with my 1 account.

coming to the main point regarding KoK why the grindy part of the game bothers me is that as a manager you have 7%-15% chance of winning anything decent (if you call the 3rd place reward in the final round a decent reward) by putting around 18 hrs game play time playing minimum of 54 matches(if you don't want to spend any tokens and your lucky enough to be one of the strongest in the draw) and yah rests as rewards will also balance out if you want to keep your team in shape for the event matches in between you official match and association matches. so as @EastsiderSG end reward isn't worth it for the man hours you have to put in for this event. and regarding your original post don't get me started how the reactive engine is acting for last few seasons. its a whole different matter to be discussed in other section in this forum.

P.S. yes the matches played or game play time can be reduced if you are Lucky enough or don't have any issues spending tokens
    Last edited by hudai; 02-09-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hudai View Post
    @HeavensAAA

@EastsiderSG end reward its worth it for the man hours you have to put in for this event. and regarding your original post don't get me started how the reactive engine is acting for last few seasons. its a whole different matter to be discussed in other section in this forum.

P.S. yes the matches played or game play time can be reduced if you are Lucky enough or don't have any issues spending tokens
    I know how active you are so shouldn't be an issue for you MI. Can't remember the last time I won a KOK, there is always a tanker in the finals so I usually end up in 2nd or 3rd. Yeah finals has pretty decent rewards but logging in every 2 hours is such a pain.

I knew you would get what I mean. Am surprised your asso captain is able to do so well without manipulation. You should pick his brain unless he tells you to invest in special sponsor lol.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    I know how active you are so shouldn't be an issue for you MI. Can't remember the last time I won a KOK, there is always a tanker in the finals so I usually end up in 2nd or 3rd. Yeah finals has pretty decent rewards but logging in every 2 hours is such a pain.

I knew you would get what I mean. Am surprised your asso captain is able to do so well without manipulation. You should pick his brain unless he tells you to invest in special sponsor lol.
    hehehehehe i can't even remember when i won the last KoK as well. didn't play the last KoK event and before that i went for 1st place for first 2-3 days and let other win the final as those rest packs are more important then the player you win as the reward.

and regarding my Asso Cap. we all have different play style. and personally I refuse to manipulate the draws and i don't find the charm in it. a 130%+ team playing against 109% all season long will make the game boring for me. he has his own style own team buildup method as i have my own . but i like your formation I named it "the flayed man" formation lol
    EastsiderSG likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post

Well, it is very true that the rewards would not meet the effort except first 2 prizes (3rd is so measly that we could have done without for the time spent alone).

For experienced and high level managers like you, greens is the single most important currency, so anything that cost unnecessary greens should be avoided and rightly so.

Low level accounts are still in the process of accumulating enough Ts for bidding for FTs (50T to them is a huge amount), so winning extra Ts from whatever way is needed, even when it means replenishing conditions after matches to stay at 85%+ all the time. Free 5-7* players from tour event is like goldmine as it saves some 15T plus needed money. 9* player may not be used for more than a season in my main level-4 account though with well-built 7-8* players with a fine balance and working chemistry already (sounds ridiculous but that’s how it is). Main account wants 2nd price with T more than 1st price with player (again absurd but it is how it is lol).

Level 4: would play in finals with a chance of top 2
    Level 1s: unlikely to participate unless in a lucky draw with a chance of top 3
    hudai likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast