Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By HazmatCorntail
  • 1 Post By HazmatCorntail

Thread: CB Chargers FC (USA)

CB Chargers FC (USA)

CB Chargers FC (USA)-team-showcase.jpg

CB Chargers FC was founded on May 18, 2013 in Philadelphia. Our name derives from Cardinal Brennan High School, which I attended back in the late 80's-early 90's and has since been closed. Our team mascot was the Charger, and that led to naming the fan group The Cavalry our colors were, as you can tell, Blue and Gold. The Green/White away kit is a nod to my youth basketball team, which wore White with Green trim.

I began keeping track of my own players and stats accumulated well before Nordeus did, and in spite of what they say on my team's page, our all-time leaders are:

Appearances: Ollie Murphy, 210
    Goals Scored: Nestor Reyna, 91

Active Appearances: Mustafa Bjørge, 192
    Active Goals Scored: Yaya Sanogo, 42

Our Captains:

Seasons 1-3: Jerrit Caskey
    Seasons 3-5: Kenny Ceballos
    Seasons 5-10: Ollie Murphy
    Seasons 10-11: Dean Fusco
    Seasons 12-present: Mustafa Bjørge

Altogether, we've won 5 League Championships, with four of them coming over a span of six seasons.

Historically, I've resisted re-naming my players, but over the last few seasons, I've decided to have fun with it. After all, you can only get frustrated with a computer game for so long before it gets old. I've also wanted to stay away from using the same old superstars. As such, I've largely gone with players from favored club teams or the USMNT. We've had:

USA: DaMarcus Beasley, Julian Green, Jozy Altidore, Fabian Johnson
    Philadelphia Union: Conor Casey, Kléberson, Danny Califf, Amobi Okugo, Gabriel Gomez, Vincent Nogueira, Carlos Valdés
    Reading FC: Gylfi Sigurdsson, Garath McCleary, Noel Hunt

I've only been held back once, and am hoping to finally win a Double....maybe this season!

Season 15 ended today with a second place finish in the League, and our 1st Champions League trophy!

We had a hard fight in the league, and scrapped our way to 53 points. We had some fantastic goalkeeping from Tim Howard en route to the CL title, including a brilliant performance in the semi-final penalty shoot-out, in which he made two saves.

We head into next season with six impending free agents, including Howard, the starting wingers, and half of the back line. With the Academy having just produced two players yesterday and neither of whom would be positional replacements, I'll be re-signing all of them. The average age will still be pretty young, and we'll have our first Old School player since the 2nd season.

This was a pretty successful season, but goals remain. I still haven't won a Cup title, and I'll be three seasons removed since my last League title. The pressure will be on to try and repeat the CL performance. Those are good goals to have, I reckon!

Here's a couple of end-of-season screen grabs for posterity's sake. First is the Club Info:

CB Chargers FC (USA)-screen-shot-2014-06-28-3.34.25-pm.png

A here is our final stats and primary formation from the season:

CB Chargers FC (USA)-screen-shot-2014-06-28-3.20.21-pm.jpg
    Buffs Mad likes this.

As of a few minutes ago, Season 16 is in the books.

There is no silverware this season, as we got knocked out in the Semi-Finals of the CL and would up having a difficult fight in the League. We came in rated 7th best overall, and struggled our way to a 4th place finish. We could have finished 3rd, but "Soccer" happened against the 12th place team today.

We saw Carl Frost, Julian Green, Vincent Nogueira and (to a slightly lesser extent) Aron Johannsson took steps forward. Tim Howard and Fabian Johnson had very strong seasons. However, our Player of the Year was probably Amobi Okugo, who was consistently very very good all season, both at center back and holding mid.

We did see a couple of steps back with Jozy Altidore and Chad Woods. Altidore started off alright, but wound up only scoring 1/3 of the goals from last season, a combination of missed chances and the emergence of Johannsson and the addition of Daniel Bilali from the Scout list, who got hot and took over the Striker position. Woods got the majority of starts at left back, but was uneven and was losing starts to DaMarcus Beasley by the end of the season.

You're going to notice fewer 6* players in the preferred lineup, that's not an indication of declining play so much as my choice to hold off on assigning skill points over the last seven days to prepare for the start of the new season. I'm currently sitting on 254 of them right now.

We have 10 impending free agents heading into tomorrow, and I'm planning on re-signing all of them. As with seasons past, the goal for season 17 is a Triple!

As with last season, here are the end-of-season screen grabs.

First, the Team Details:
    CB Chargers FC (USA)-screen-shot-2014-07-26-10.37.19-am.png

And here is our final season stats and formation. Another year with the 4-3-3:
    CB Chargers FC (USA)-screen-shot-2014-07-26-10.33.06-am.jpg

So, I managed to completely forgot to post my usual screenshots and such after last season....needless to say, it didn't go well.

We failed to make it out of the group stage of the Champions League for the first time, and didn't get beyond the Playoffs of the Cup. We got placed in a Level 17 league, putting us so far behind the eight ball, it was inevitable that it became a tanking season.

We're on Level 16 again for this season, and have been placed in another Level 17 league. This year though, we're going for it. And we're in 1st after three days.

We've also received news that CB Goodluck Ikhide will be retiring after this season. He's 32 and joined the club from the Scout list when he was 22. He enters his final season as a 3* player with 183 appearances, so we'll try to find a way to get him to 200 before he calls it a career. He's been consistently very, very good throughout, and we're hoping that Academy product Jeremy Howard is up to the challenge of replacing him.