Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Red Stars Munich

The team had a three-game crap run recently, including one time when greedy Lord Nauseous scheduled two games within 3 hours. It coincided with the inability to watch both games, so it ended in a loss and a draw.

Red Stars Munich-craprun.jpg

The first one is frustrating because it is the usual pre-programmed Champions League group stage loss. No matter what you do, T11 insists to make you lose one. The second one is frustrating because it was against a title contender in the league. The highlights tell that a 2:0 lead was blown by tired players. Either that or the game engine realized that I was ahead by two goals against a top contender and it had to hand me the mandatory draw!

Although I do NOT use high pressing, condition dropped so low that I made players skip training AND had to spend green packs to make them fit for the next match.

Realism? B.S. T11 is a piece of you know what. With two games within three hours, it favours geeks who do nothing but play the game and spend packs all day long instead of putting together a manageable schedule. You can't humanly follow every step, every day, and the day you fail to be around, you pay the price for it.

Things went better today in the Cup with a 1:0 win at home against a tough opponent. It included, however, the pre-programmed "excitement" of a 89' penalty.

Red Stars Munich-cup.jpg
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-27-2015 at 12:20 PM.
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

This is not football. I am out.

Alright, I had enough. I will quit this game at the end of the season and destroy my team in the process, to make sure no one can pick it up.

Why? Here's a list of problems that surely won't be addressed anytime soon because it is not in Nordeus' economic interest.

Draws: building a great team for one season and winning titles means you are automatically going to face too many formidable opponents the next season unless you invest a pile of money or spend hours farming resources to make your team incredibly powerful. Unrealistic.

Squad management: if you want to circumvent that, you have to destroy a good part of your squad at the end of a season to keep quality down and rebuild it the next season. No continuity. Just waves of players coming in and leaving. Unrealistic.

Player careers: In the circumstances, putting a competitive team together and keeping players for several seasons simply is impossible. After 4 seasons, that promising 18 year-old is slowing down at 22. A season or two later, he is out because he cannot keep up, although real football players tend to peak from 25 to 30. Unrealistic.

Tactics: Even if you play a 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 with passing down the wings, your players will bunch up in the middle when you watch the game on mobile. Unrealistic.

Injuries: No matter what playing and training pattern you use, players get injured by pulled shirts and simple training sessions. One or two per day, which means an injury or two per week in football terms, no matter what you do. Unrealistic.

I'm finishing this season to win my last league title, renaming the team, its players and ditching Top Eleven. I wasted enough time on a game that favours spending over realism.

Let's start the destructive work right now by selling reserve players whose mission was to keep the quality level down to help get better draws! 😈

This is the proper way to say goodbye. The Red Stars Munich finish their last season with a league title, with a 5-point lead over some "Manchester City" clone.

Red Stars Munich-league.jpg

It was a decent run. Four league titles and a double in 7 seasons. In addition, three Cup semi-finals and one Champions League semi when the team went close to winning more trophies.

It was a solid last campaign with Petermann, Forsberg, Franken, Eriksen and Schouten burning defenders to score goals and provide assists.

Red Stars Munich-stats.jpg

All good things come to an end, though. The following squad is very good, but it (and its players) will be renamed as Abandoned FC to drift away slowly.

Red Stars Munich-squad.jpg

Say goodbye to the Red Stars Munich

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345