Thread: Utopia

DiM

Utopia

i started this game on the 19th of january this year. i got my team mid-season on the 10th place. after a few hiccups in the early games i straightened my team and managed to win the league with a comfortable lead.
    second season went a lot smoother as i had already learned the basics of the game so i ended up winning the league again and this time i did it in style with 26 victories and a +126 goal difference. then champion's league was also a rather easy task despite quite a few injuries before the semifinal and the final. in the cup i suffered my biggest loss but it was inevitable since my opponent was a 13 season veteran that was way better than me.
    i'm not investing money in tokens and nor do i intend to and this is where my problem starts. i'm about to enter my 3rd season and i'm assuming things will start to get more serious now. with my current sponsorship i earn 35 tokens per season.
    would it be a good idea to sacrifice a season just to gather tokens? basically gather tokens for one season, promote the next, then repeat. would this cycle be ok? would 35 tokens even make a difference or do higher level people buy so many tokens my 35 won't even matter?

my team:
    Utopia-a4734b9fde609c2b48b12c83f78ecaa0.jpg

2nd season league table:
    Utopia-473fa40d6b4cbf102cbbdf20f689effe.jpg

2nd season CL:
    Utopia-2bc0b7e817417734448c8e4f71b02c39.jpg

Apprentice
    you started in the same day, I started
    Ottawa Blue Claw - Canadian Team

Season one - Second Place =) League
    Season two - First place in League - Champions in Champions League

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    26-0-0 thats really nice :P
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Dreamer
    level 3 will be easy as the first 2.
    what kind of server u have? I mean you find 5* players easily or u get involed in bidding wars to take a decent player?
    Thats the key for me...if u have a nice server then play level 3 then also 4 and reconcider then your strategy.

If u have crapy server u can still be nice for level 3 with ur 35 token per season,but u need more patience with ur team.
    I believe that cathcing level 4 u will have problems by oldest players.
    Also check tomorrow your opponents in the league..Probably most of the teams will be inactive..so easy run for the league.
    Finally buy in the middle of the season,by replacing periodly ur older playes.

Hope i help u
    Level 25.

12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

DiM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimdim1 View Post
    level 3 will be easy as the first 2.
    what kind of server u have? I mean you find 5* players easily or u get involed in bidding wars to take a decent player?
    Thats the key for me...if u have a nice server then play level 3 then also 4 and reconcider then your strategy.

If u have crapy server u can still be nice for level 3 with ur 35 token per season,but u need more patience with ur team.
    i don't have a term of comparison since i haven't seen what it's like on other servers. what i've noticed is that there are certain periods during the day when it's impossible to get a 5 star player unless you have lots of tokens. i've seen battles last up to 35 rounds. however there are times late at night when you can get a good player for less than 5 tokens. i've also seen people who splash around tokens like they are nothing. there was a battle for a player where 2 guys kept bidding like crazy. they probably spent at least 100 tokens each and all in 12 rounds. for some reason they weren't bidding in the last second, instead they were bidding 3 times (!!!) one after another. it was crazy.
    that's why i always inspect the bidders when i want a player. if i see a guy that has a 21k stadium almost 100 mil cash and 5-6 star players in the team it's clear he has lots of tokens and i have no chance.

I believe that cathcing level 4 u will have problems by oldest players.
    my players aren't really that old.
    Utopia-4ea8a96daa7421a4ebec5818b162f6ea.jpg
    only 3 players in my first 11 are over 22 years old.

Also check tomorrow your opponents in the league..Probably most of the teams will be inactive..so easy run for the league.
    you think there will be many inactives? in my current league only 3 teams are inactive. so i kinda assumed the higher i get the less inactives there will be.

Finally buy in the middle of the season,by replacing periodly ur older playes.

Hope i help u
    yeah i'm already plannining on getting a ST and a DC/DMC. there will be a lot of fighting for 5 star players early in the season so probably mid-season i'll get around buying them.

DiM
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    26-0-0 thats really nice :P
    yep my offensive trio played really well, especially the star of the team that netted 41 goals and 31 assists in the league.

Utopia-d172bb2446839be518c81f54b42400fd.jpgUtopia-9ac1e8fa313a6f75192e3ea0688dca4c.jpg

star of the team:
    Utopia-0b7a775b230fb604d19d8591d9ccccc8.jpg

DiM
    stuff like this happens regularly on my server:
    http://gyazo.com/f8c18c54738a2cdb154fc27ad5d89b19.png

Banned
    35 tokens is also my strategy. But, trust me, as you progress things especially in CL became harder. It's difficult to win a CL without buy tokens, not impossible tough

DiM
    hooray for "fair" games:
    i'm the one on the right and i lost 2-1.

http://gyazo.com/af88eafa6ce697af292...png?1363629515