Thread: Leicester Tigers

Rookie

Leicester Tigers

Leicester Tigers

After a break, the Leicester Tigers Top Eleven side are back in action. Having gone through a period without playing, the Tigers have fallen back into the League Level 1 and Welford Road, the Tigers fortress, has had its capacity reduced back to 200 seats with the return of the members stand. The team continue to play in the fans beloved Green, Red and White and have aspirations of playing with grit and determination, a never say die attitude with respect to opposition at all times. Leicester Tigers are an extremely low budget team.

Personal
    Manager Name: Matt Gretton (Season 1 - Present)
    Club Captain: Romain Landre (Season 1 - Present)
    Reporter: Matt Gretton (Season 1 - Present)
    Trainer: Matt O'conner (Season 1 - Present)
    Second Team Trainer : Geordan Murphy (Season 1 - present)
    Finance Director : Jon Quincy (Season 1 - present)
    Transport Manger : Archer Kelly (Season 1 - present)
    Stadium Manager/Staduim announcer : Darren Ibbot (Season 1 - present)
    Chairman : Matt Gretton(Season 1 - present)
    Head Groundsman : Walton Matthews (Season 1 - present)
    Ticket Director : Robert Beridge (Season 1 - Present)

History

League
    Season 1:

Champions Leauge
    Season 1: Not Qualified

Cup
    Season 1: First Round

Tigers Bronze Hall of Fame

Tigers Silver Hall of Fame

Tigers Gold Hall of Fame

Tigers Platinum Hall of Fame

Tigers 50 Goal Club

Tigers 100 Goal Club

Tigers 100 Appearances Club

Tigers 200 Appearances Club

Tigers Triple Tie wearers

Rookie
    Season 1 Day 17

Despite the club being restarted for over 2 weeks now, today has become the official relaunch of the club. The manager feels as if the time is right due to the fact that all signings have been made and today marking the start of the special one challenge, Leicester Tigers have managed to host a whopping 4 games at Welford Road today which provided a great opportunity to officially begin a journey. Leicester Tigers are comfortably top of their league with a 6 point cushion.

Results
    League: Leicester Tigers (1st) 2 - 1 (4th) Anxo FC
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 0 - 1 Special Eleven
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 2 - 0 Special Eleven
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 2 - 0 Special Eleven

Press Conference
    Matt Gretton stated that is was lovely to start the long morning off with a win against a good league side. They pushed us all the way to the 75th minute before we could get one in their net and then again right until the 85th minute to move ahead for the first time in the match. I was worried when I woke up and saw that all the top teams around us had lost to lower level sides and was cautious that we didnt get caught out ourselves as the opportunity was there to open up a big gap. We took this opportunity well and it puts us in great position to win the league. In terms of the special challenge, I thought as a team we should give it a go as we really do need all the tokens we could possibly get. I don't think anyone in the stadium was expecting us to win any of the 3 games but I knew our boys can be good enough to beat the best and they sure did today on 2 occasions which puts us in the mix. 4 great games were played on our pitch today, really entertaining for our fans on this big launch day. I'm proud of the club.

Captain Landre stated that he was proud of the players in his team after fighting in every single battle today. The first game we had to show some proper Leicester attitude and fight until the death. That makes me proud for the team going forward as we now have a bit of a safety net with 11 games to go. To add to that point, in the final game against Special Eleven, we received two red cards on the 60th minute so we had to stick together under pressure conditions because we did not want to let a 2-0 lead slip. The crowd support pushed us through that. Thank you guys!

Groundsman Walter Matthews was working hard today and stated that he hopes tournament organisers don't come out with special one challenges that often, particularly in the winter months. I had to arrive early this morning to sort out the pitch and prepare it for 4 games. We've got at least 3 games here for the next 9 days, I'm so glad its not winter because the pitch wouldn't have a chance at holding up if it was. Its a challenge and I like a challenge so we'll see how I get on.

Rookie
    Season 1 Day 18

Leicester Tigers remain 1st in the league with a 6 point gap between the green red and whites and 2nd place.

Results
    League: Puto FC (12th) 1 - 5 (1st) Leicester Tigers
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 3 - 0 Special Eleven
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 1 - 1 Special Eleven
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 2 - 1 Special Eleven

Press Conference

Matt Gretton walked into the Press Centre at Welford Road delighted with how his team performed in their 4 matches today. First of all I'm very happy not only with the victories, but the nature of the victories particularly in the league fixture and the first special one challenge fixture today. Throughout the last 2 weeks we've been beating teams by 1 or 2 goals, rarely 3 goals which is good enough, but when we are playing lower ranked sides, I want to be putting messages out to the top sides. Today, we've finally been able to do that with a 1-5 victory. The gap remains at 6 points as we hunt down our first title. The only thing that disappointed me was to lose the clean sheet in the dying minutes of the game. The Special one challenge again put a lump in my throat, to not lose against the so called best side just shows you the capabilities we have as a team.

Tomorrows league game is going to be a challenge. Whilst the team we are playing are sitting in 6th place, the quality of the stars in their lineup says different. We are going to have to be focused. We'll get some light training done this evening and then rest up ready for tomorrow morning.

Rookie
    Season 1 Day 19

Leicester Tigers league lead has been cut down to 3 points following today's defeat at home.

Results
    League: Leicester Tigers (1st) 1 - 3 (6th) United Spanish
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 1 - 1 Special Eleven
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 2 - 1 Special Eleven
    Special One: Leicester Tigers 1 - 0 Special Eleven

Press Conference

Matt Gretton said he was bitterly disappointed with another loss at home. It's really disappointing to lose at home, again. As a club we are yet to lose away from home, and I need to work out whats going on with how the players act at home compared to away. Creating a Welford Road fortress is so important particularly for the Champions League and Cup next season. The players will certainly know about it if we lose at home again this season. The chance we created in terms of the cushion at the top of the league has somewhat deflated a little bit, we've still got to travel to 2nd place but as I said earlier, we've not lost away from home and thats not changing. A good points difference helps to. Within the Special One challenge I was looking to get some confidence back in the squad before tomorrow's league game and with 2 wins and 1 draw that certainly happened.

Further News
    MR Hen Assous has now completed recovery from injury and is fit to play again. However, reports from the camp are that Hen will not play another competitive match this season due to the fantastic form 3 star Matthew Taylor has found. Instead, Hen will go through hard training, as an 18 year old it's hoped that this will develop his game for future seasons and therefore replace Taylor in his retiring season.

Tomorrows away League game kick off time has been altered from 11am to 1:03pm due to the opposition team.